Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrologic is out of business!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrologic is out of business!!!!!!!!!!!

my repaired bike parts were sent back a week+ ago. last monday, i called to get help installing the parts. all i got was a forwarding message which i've called 3 times with no return call. all i know so far is that Steve Petrofsky was attempting to buy out the company from his silent partner. the guy held out, so steve quit. Electrologic is no longer in business as we know it. i'm told the partner will take over, but when is the question. when i find out who it is and the particulars, i'll post it.

Wow, this is a really big blow. FES bikes are a big investment and are meant to last a long time. Gotta have someone to service them.

~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

I had ordered parts before they closed and gave them card info and the whole deal. I did not receive my parts and wondered about it. I called and got some sort of strange message without any information on who I was calling, so I did not leave a message. That day or maybe the next day is when I saw this post about Electrologic going out of business. I called back and left a message on the strange recording. I received no response. Then I went on their website and emailed them. That was on Monday, this is Thursday. No response. Any suggestions on what I should do next? Is everybody with a StimMaster just screwed? I thought the law was that even if a product was not manufactured anymore that they had to supply parts for 10 years. Is that a law like the ADA? There is no agency enforcing the laws? To get justice you have to hire a lawyer and file a civil lawsuit? The whole deal seems pretty chicken manure.

Comment

This would make sense. I have been trying to get a hold of them for two weeks like the rest of you to no avail. I sent an email with no response, and the voice message I got is the same and now the box is full. Does anyone know where I can get electrodes to work with the bike?

Ride It Like You Stole It!
        Ride It Like You Stole It!

Comment

I use the oval electrodes. I got them from Electrologic. The manufacturer is Uni-patch and there phone # is 1-800-328-9454. They have a website www.uni-patch.com

Comment

Curt, you worked for them. Do you have any idea where we go from here?

Comment

$14 f**king grand and they don't have the common decency to arrange for support before closing the doors. Its not like there's anything particularly complex about the bike itself. It would have taken a minimum of planning to provide limited support.

But boy, they were johnny-on-the-spot when I wanted to buy it. They had fed-ex pick up my check that afternoon. Its good to remember what a lucritive group we SCI'd are. How much do you figure the bike costs to build? It couldn't be more than $3000 parts & labor. Welcome to the wonderful world of medical devices.

Comment

Yeah I am pretty pissed, I havent had my bike that long. I went and visited both places and honestly I thought the other company would go under first if one would. Go figure. Just my luck though. What servicing would we need?? I can get the pads and wires from around here. I guess I just need to pray nothing goes wrong. Would like to get a hold of em though and ^!%@&*#.........

Comment

I recently forked over a couple hundred bucks for one of the cables. A travesty? Exactly. Yes. I know. It's five dollars worth of wires. But we get raped just like everyone else who needs "medical" products. Where is all the money going..... malpractice insurers who must pay off the trial lawyers.

Do we need tort reform..... yes.

Comment

Same here Jeff. I actually had to buy two new cables. I had problems getting the cables. It took me about 6 months before I got them. The lady told me that the person that had taken the order really screwed a lot of things up and that she was no longer there. Then about 5 weeks ago they called and wanted to send me more cables! If I had any clue they were going out of business I probably would have taken them. Is the ERGYS similar enough that if anything went wrong with my bike they could work on it?

Comment

Originally posted by jv:

Same here Jeff. I actually had to buy two new cables. I had problems getting the cables. It took me about 6 months before I got them. The lady told me that the person that had taken the order really screwed a lot of things up and that she was no longer there. Then about 5 weeks ago they called and wanted to send me more cables! If I had any clue they were going out of business I probably would have taken them. Is the ERGYS similar enough that if anything went wrong with my bike they could work on it?
                      Look in the equipment forum jv, and there is information posted on the ERGY and number to call. They will be able to help you answer that question, at least.

Some ships sail east, some ships sail west, both by the same breeze blown. It is the set of the sail and not the gail that determines the direction blown.

Comment

Thanks SydneyJo.

Comment

jeff, you paid two hundred for cables. well they wanted 600 from me for a new resolver and a new positioner. i went ballistic because even though the bike was no longer under warranty, they were still redesigning the new seat which took 11 months to manufacture under the warranty time frame. in light of this, i refused to pay and they held out on the parts. then i got the attorney general's office of ohio involved and just like that i received my parts and was told "consider it an early christmas present". also prior to the A.G.O. helping, heather and steve refused to take my calls, and didn't answer my letters. terrible customer service; i was shocked at how they handled the whole affair. anyway, i should know something soon about how new sales and repairs will be handled. i believe this silent partner is a legally bound to repair the bikes.

Comment

ELA discussion in the Equipment Forum

ELA / Electrodes discussion in the Care Forum

Comment

Jeff wrote:
                              I recently forked over a couple hundred bucks for one of the cables. A travesty? Exactly. Yes. I know. It's five dollars worth of wires. But we get raped just like everyone else who needs "medical" products. Where is all the money going..... malpractice insurers who must pay off the trial lawyers.

Do we need tort reform..... yes.
                              There may be great reasons to bash (some) trial lawyers and pamphleteer for (some) tort reform, but I don't buy the idea that Electrologic's (and their competitor's) astronomically gouging prices are solely compensation for high malpractice/liability insurance premiums. I'm not an economist or an accountant, but I suspect there are other forces (benign? malignant?) at work here.

Does anybody here have any evidence -- even anecdotal -- of anybody ever being injured using an FES bike? Has anybody ever heard of anyone receiving a large settlement against any of the FES manufacturers? I haven't.

Again, fantastic as it may sound, maybe the FES companies are able to justify their prices based on cost of supplies, R&D investment, after-sale service, etc. Who knows? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img] But I doubt if insurance rates were/are the primary culprit.

Are there any industry insiders who can shed light on the economics of the FES business?
                              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X