No announcement yet.

Handcycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aly, Take a look at these pics. I tried to show everything, but if you have any questions, let me know. Pat

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 05-02-05 at 06:51 PM.]

Comment

Hi Aly, Take a look at these pics. I tried to show everything, but if you have any questions, let me know. Pat Onto Bike

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 05-02-05 at 06:52 PM.]

Comment

Hi Aly, Take a look at these pics. I tried to show everything, but if you have any questions, let me know. Pat

sorry about the large pics

[This message was edited by Jeff Weeks on 05-02-05 at 06:53 PM.]

Comment

That's a sweet looking setup dude. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I got a funny story. I went up to my old rehab, about four miles away. I found all of the new patients in ac park drinking beer and smoking weed. Don't mind if I do! Cheers!

Anyways, the sun starts to set and I decide to get goin, it's an easy downhill ride home. All the way back I'm thinking how stoned I must be becuase riding was Hell! Even my dog didn't want to pull at all. I finally get home and I can barely transfer I'm soooooo weak. I go down to put on the parking brake and it was already half on. [img]/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I don't know whether to curse myself for being so stupid, or proud of myself that I rode four miles with the parking brake still on.

Babies, before we're done here, y'all be wearin' gold plated diapers!
          www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Ok, so we have the script to get hubby's handcycle. The thing is, we don't know anyone around dealing with them and couple of places we called from the web don't deal with worker's comp. On the top of it - PA worker's comp don't preapprove things, but they don't deny them either.

So how do we go about this dilema? Any ideas?
            Thanks for any suggestions!

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/2qot/2.png

http://www.geocities.com/krajaxa/fair05copy.jpg

Comment

*whew!*

I just rode out to visit Max (about 12 miles round trip) and I don't know if it's the gin or the excercise, but I'm a teensy bit wasted [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I gotta find a bunch of non-smoking, non-drinking friends! Help!

www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I'm jealous you get to get out so much. Hopefully that will change for me in the next week, my parents bought me a custom bike for graduation, it came in today. As much as I appreciate the bike that has been lent to me I think this one is going to be a hundred times better.

Aly

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
                Don Juan Matus
                www.cawvsports.org
                The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
                We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

Getting in and out of my appartment independently is a big plus. Having my dog with me makes me less afraid to go further than I'd ever get by myself. I live downtown, so I stick to the sidewalks and bike paths. I can't get going really fast with the dog attached though, I max out at about 10 mph. I average 5-7 mph now, slow and steady.

There's a mountain behind my place with a cross on top. I must reach that cross.

www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Here is a picture of me on my bike. After 1 month, I'm now approaching the 100 mile mark on my computer. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] The picture's kinda blurry cuz my friend is getting all artsy n' stuff with his new digital camera.
                    www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Your pup must be lovin the bike eh..How are your transfers?..Hows the ride?..If there was anything you could change,what would it be?

Comment

Yeah, his winter fat is GONE!!! Transfers are easy, it's just the set up. The hardest thing is getting a camelback full of water around my shoulders. I don't have to use the footstraps cuz my shoes clip into the footrests. My balance on the bike is still a little screwy (although today I cathed while on my bike unassisted[img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

The ride is smooth, slow and steady. I'm not gonna push my dog past 10 mph (yet). I average about 5 mph, stick to sidewalks and bike paths. Montreal is built on the foot of a mountain, and I will make it to the top soon. I think I need a videocam. Do a little tour guide thing.

I don't like changing things, I'd rather just adapt to it. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] BUT... I coulda used more cowbell...

ps. The dog is attracting the ladies like moths to a flame. I now know how it feels to hang out with a rock star. 'Can I have your autrograph? Can I have your autograph? Can I pet your dog? Can I pet your dog? Can I pet your dog? Alright just GO AHEAD AND PET THE FRIKKIN DOG ALREADY!!! BAH!!! HUMBUG!!!'

[This message was edited by christopher on 05-25-05 at 11:33 PM.]
                        www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have use of my legs to the extent that I can use a standing recumbent bike - I have not tried a real recumbent but I look forward to that possibility.
                          The unit that Aly is on in her picture would be perfect if I could get one with foot pedals.
                          Aly - where did you get that?
                          If anyone can direct me to a source for such bikes, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Comment

garvey, there are many recumbent trikes out there .. a good site with many links is here.

I've ridden the Sidewinder .. it's a nice bike, tho since I have hand function issues, I'd need some mods to shift, brake and steer.

For anyone needing a handcycle, bike-on.com, a site with good info about them, has modified a bike into what they call the Quad Pro Magic. Hard to tell from the pics exactly what they did, but good ideas nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher:

ps. The dog is attracting the ladies like moths to a flame. I now know how it feels to hang out with a rock star. 'Can I have your autrograph? Can I have your autograph? Can I pet your dog? Can I pet your dog? Can I pet your dog? Alright just GO AHEAD AND PET THE FRIKKIN DOG ALREADY!!! BAH!!! HUMBUG!!!'
                              Sounds awsome man..I still havnt ordered mine yet....Tell the chicks they can pet your pup,but you get the belly rub..

Comment

Bruce how much leg strength do you need for that Sidewinder? Do you know?
                                "No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

Comment

Working...
                                X