Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go keep up the hard work it pays off

Comment

CONGRATS!!! JJ, would you mind saying your injury level and when your injury was? Sorry, I looked in your profile and didn't see it. Thanks and keep up the good work!!

C5-C7 Walking Quad
      Tina
      C5-C7 Walking Quad - Very Incomplete
      Aug '03

Comment

JJ, that is excellent news! I know what a thrill it is to hit these milestones, and I know you will keep pushing for all you can get. I too appreciate your updates!

Comment

Just got home from therapy and cant wait till i get into my pool. Today I was able to walk a few steps with nothing in the bars. Also I was on the Eliptical machine for about 5 minutes. My legs are starting to get stronger but still need to work on balance and figure out how to control the spazms I get.

JJ

Comment

Had therapy yesterday and I have to say that I have had much better days. I wasnt feeling that bad in the morning and when I got to therapy its like my legs decided to stay at home. It was probably 1 of my hardest days in therapy that I have ever had. Somehow I managed to get through it but was still a little pissed off. I know you have these days and there is not much you can do about it, but it still sucks. I have therapy today and I'm hoping that my body decides to show up with the rest of me.

JJ

Comment

JJ, I hate those days too, when it seems like it's two steps forward, then four steps back. I guess I try to do what I can and keep an eye on the bigger picture that shows that, over the long haul, my exercising pays off in better function and better feelings about myself and my life. Take care and keep plugging!

Comment

JJ, your legs are exhausted, just ask Jess how often things like that happen to him at PW, and he doesnt get to take steps like your legs did. He has those good days and bad days, even with the therapy he is doing. And I am still not use to hearing him say 'I had lazy legs today'. Makes me wonder immediately how long those lazy legs will remain lazy. And then the next session he does good. I know you arent worried about it but frustration comes with the package, doesnt it. But it sounds like you are doing absolutely wonderful there. Good luck.

Comment

JJ, hang in there. Remember to give your muscles recovery time in between therapies. After Joe went last week, he could hardly functin the next day. I had a heck of a time doing his range of motion his tone and spasms were so bad. I think his muscles were rebelling against being worked out so hard.
                  I was so impressed by the staff at Next Steps. They are awesome and they truly believe that spinal cord injured people can get better. Joe and I are really excited about going there. His first real therapy is tomorrow.
                  Next time I see you there, I'll be sure to cheer you on!!!!!!

Stacey

Comment

Gang, is the cost comparable
                    to SCI-step and Project Walk?

I checked the website for details,
                    they're not heavy on them.

Joe
                    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

The cost is much more reasonable than Project Walk. I had checked out Project Walk a year ago for Joe. But it was just way out of my price range besides being so far away. Joe went for the first time yesterday and it was awesome!!
                      Stacey

Comment

Outstanding! Probably newer equipment too!

Sweet!

Joe
                        And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Had a fantastic day in therapy today and it was well needed. I was able to walk 7 lengths of the parallel bars (70ft) without holding on to anything. Also I walked 30ft in the hallway just dribbling a basketball. I managed to leg press about 300lbs 15 times in the total gym too. It was about time I had 1 of these days in therapy.

JJ

Comment

Working...
                          X