Need ideas on anchoring a table top handcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas on anchoring a table top handcycle

I have a handcycle that sits on top of a graphing table. It slides toward me when using it and it pushes up against a metal plate. The metal plate is bending and the screws that hold it are slowly coming out. Anyone have any ideas on how to anchor it so that it doesn't move so much?
    Thanks

Perhaps use a couple adjustable wood clamps or buy a couple u shaped pipe clamps and screw it to the table permanently.

Comment

Patrick's idea to bolt it to the table with a u-bolt will be the cleanest, most secure option. Of course, it will be permanent or you will have spare holes in your table. Bad if you ever want to place the handcycle in a different spot.

Personally, I use a ratchet strap that circles the entire table. I have it loop around the two legs and tighten it as much as I can. I can send a picture tonight of my set-up. It works well enough that I do not want to bolt the trainer down but its not perfect either.

After I ratcheted the cycle to the table, I found my table moved (I also changed the pedals to be in the same position rather than opposite). I bolted my table to the wall and strap myself into the table as well. Now I can go full power and full speed for maximum workout!

Comment

Working...
      X