Pool exercise RULES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool exercise RULES!

I had never thought of the pool until a particular awesome PT sent me. We can move so much more which seems great for body and spirit. My last dry land steps were 3-4 years ago.

The point of my post, tho, is to bring up that I’ve accidentally noticed that a switch is flipped in my legs after an hour of kicking around. On most days, after an hour I get a dramatic change in my leg strength, coordination, and their connectness to my brain. Pre pandemic, I had coincidentally done my walking after a half hour of kicking around then a second half hour of various exercises with a delightful old dude who’s since vanished. Post pandemic (relatively speaking), my total pool time has been only an hour so I’ve tried to walk earlier and it generally hasn’t gone well. I assumed it was MS progression and pandemic disuse. But as I’ve increased my time just a bit, I’m now noticing that feeling of strength and coordination kicking on at the end. This week I’m going to stay for 1 1/2 hours and see what’s up towards the end of that time. I would never have the stamina to get to the hour mark if I were attempting to move against gravity.

Anyone else experience a phenomenon of a kind of coaxing your legs into temporary obedience? Any stories to tell?
Working...
X