Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increasing muscle mass of Glutes using NMES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing muscle mass of Glutes using NMES?

Has anyone had success increasing muscle mass of Glutes using NMES?

I have a specific area of my Glutes that is prone to skin breakdown. I’m looking to target this area in isolation.

I have an FES bike (old Rt300) & I have an Empi 300PV. I recently got a PowerDot EMS unit as well. I'm using all 3 devices in different ways to help build my Glutes but it's not proving successful.

Has anyone here had success building their Glute muscles with EMS alone?

If so, what electrode placement and settings would you recommend? or devices....

I'm currently researching Axiobionics BioShorts but they seem too expensive.
    Attached Files

Hi,

Did you manage to build muscle with EMS?

Comment

Originally posted by rob1 View Post
      Hi,

Did you manage to build muscle with EMS?
      The area has improved.... but I think it may have been through a combination of factors (NMES, FES Bike, and more stretching, standing).

I have a lot less pain but it is still there....

I'm still keen on finding better solutions... i.e. AxioBionics and a cheaper estimate suit called VBRehab https://vision-body.com/vb-rehab/

rob1, Do you have a similar issue?

Comment

Did the muscle get any more bulk or just a bit more toned?

I am trying to improve circulation and some bulk if possible, but think the muscle has to be under load while stimulated to build bulk, which would mean using FES and not just EMS and I don't have FES like a bike.

Comment

• C5QuadGuy
          C5QuadGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          My area was very 'dinged' (hollowed, concave)... Now it is still dinged but a lot less than before. I don't know if the FES is more responsible or not.

My experience with other muscles is that EMS does help with maintaining muscle mass but is unlikely to add bulk (unless coupled with resistance, as you suggested)
      Working...
      X