Feeling like in a wetsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling like in a wetsuit

Anyone else experiencing such feeling? I feel that I can stress and stretch my muscles just that they don't move. Feels like wearing a wetsuit - no feeling outside but loads inside

I'm a new to this, had my injury 5 months ago which was caused by a disease bursting a blood vessel at C5-T4 area. I move my arms, shoulders, wrists etc, just no external feeling below nipples basically
    Last edited by Adam Bukowski; 15 May 2021, 10:58 AM.

Originally posted by Adam Bukowski View Post
    Anyone else experiencing such feeling? I feel that I can stress and stretch my muscles just that they don't move. Feels like wearing a wetsuit - no feeling outside but loads inside

I'm a new to this, had my injury 5 months ago which was caused by a disease bursting a blood vessel at C5-T4 area. I move my arms, shoulders, wrists etc, just no external feeling below nipples basically
    Adam,
    I've never worn a wet suit, so cannot relate to the analogy but sensations are radically different post injury. My sensation is more limited the further down it goes. I am a quad. There is an enormous amount of sensation, all weirdly distorted, that comes from inside muscles and the fascia surrounding everything internal. Research now suggests that our sense of proprioception "resides" in fascia, as one layer of tissue slides over another. It can be at least partially recovered through lots of movement and paying attention to what we feel as we move.

I suspect we always felt these things, without the distortion of neuropathy, but it did not stand out because we felt so many things normally in other ways, and on our skin. Much like if a person's eyesight is lost their hearing may become more acute.

Comment

As a former diver, I never thought about it that way but that's a very good description of the sensation I have from elbows/lower ribs down to my toes. Fingers and toes are always tingling, sometimes burn/cold/tingle.

As Tet mentioned, proprioception is something we don't realize how much we need it till we lose it.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Working...
      X