Any way to build muscle after sci?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to build muscle after sci?

Is there anyway I can build muscle after spinal cord injury? I’ve been working out for about 10 years in my bad side which is my left side can’t really build muscle too much. My left side is firm but I can add too much size which is what I want. I was told to use testosterone cream but I’m kind of scared to use it. Has anybody had any luck building muscle?
    Last edited by mj23; 2 Mar 2021, 3:57 PM.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

??? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.28.00 PM.png
Views:	77
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	2907423

E-stim can be used to increase and maintain muscle bulk in upper motor neuron muscles. (KLD)
    Attached Files
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

lol I meant testosterone cream
      C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Comment

Testosterone cream will do nothing to build muscle without the exercise required to strengthen and increase the size of the muscle. It can also have serious side effects if your testosterone levels are already in the normal range.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Learn about protein. You have to have enough to build the new muscle without trashing your kidneys. You probably need to do exercises using each side of your body separately or the good side will do most of the work and the injured side will just follow. Find some body builders in your area. They know more about muscle building/sculpting than anyone.

Comment

Lift Free weights. I am in the gym 5 days a week. I use a smith machine for balance and grabbing the sides. I then can bench press and use free weights to do multiple exercisers. I also use the cable machines .

Comment

• mj23
              mj23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by mj23; 2 Mar 2021, 6:51 PM.

I can't lift that much heavy weight with my injured side. like 2/3 lbs with kinda bad form once it tires out. I can do compound weights with good form even though my good hand is doing like 65% of the work

Comment

Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!

Comment

Working...
              X