Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Cycle Unit recommendation for home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Cycle Unit recommendation for home?

Like many of us I've been home quarantined since 3/15 in NJ, I have MS, in manual chair and for exercise i use to belong to a sports club-literally next door to my condo where I live is closed-they had an outstanding hand cycle unit. Been looking for a Home unit on-line and found a similar unit for home: https://www.scifit.com/product/pro2/ :$5400. ouch!!! Can anyone recommend a good but affordable home hand cycle unit?
    Thank You in advance! Keep Smile'n!.... Dan
    Making soup out of mud

There are options and you should start by searching this site for past conversations about this very topic. Also, you should google used UBE products as you can find options as well.

Comment

I took a $10 exer-cycle from a rummage sale. Sat on the floor and cranked it. I gave it to a buddy of mine, he put it on a table and cranked it.

Comment

One modification I did to mine was making the handles at the same spot so both hands were pushing at the same time rather than one forward one back. Doing that was making my back twist and causing me some pain. After changing them to the same location has been good to go. I also use a ratchet strap to hold down the trainer, Anda ratchet strap and Velcro strap to hold my wheelchair in place do I can really get into it.
        Last edited by juniorsenior; 2 Sep 2020, 12:37 PM. Reason: I also bolted my table to the wall with some L brackets

Comment

Working...
        X