Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Watch, Movement, and Calorie Tracking

Hey everyone,

Does anyone on this group use an Apple Watch and a wheelchair?

I am using MyFitnessPal in conjunction with the watch to track calories. I have allowed MyFitnessPal access to my watch,

According to the Apple Health app, I have burned 119 calories just in my movement for the day.

But when I check the MyFitnessPal app, it says I have taken 357 steps and burned 1 calorie...

Can anyone help?

Originally posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone on this group use an Apple Watch and a wheelchair?

I am using MyFitnessPal in conjunction with the watch to track calories. I have allowed MyFitnessPal access to my watch,

According to the Apple Health app, I have burned 119 calories just in my movement for the day.

But when I check the MyFitnessPal app, it says I have taken 357 steps and burned 1 calorie...

Can anyone help?
    I'm a C5/6 Quad. I use the apple watch too and the exercise app. If you scroll down to the bottom you can add one. I use the hand cycle exercise but i just do 15-20 minutes of air punches and quick arm curls. It says I burned 140 calories. The activity app tracks your movements too. My daily movement is around 300 calories. However, just sitting burns 60-120/hr. Sleeping around 48/hr. I've been going with my body burning 1,356 just sitting and sleeping then adding the calories burned during exercise.

I use the Lose it! app on my iphone to track my food calories and my exercise. It has a place to input your exercise. It doesn't have handcycle but they have arm ergometer. However, I have to create "exercises'' for sleep and sitting. All together the app shows you how much you're over or under your food intake calories. So far i average under is 230 calories.

Not sure if i'm truly losing weight because I don't have a way to weigh myself. The Lose it! app says i am. I have to lose 50 pounds so it may take a bit to show it. Anyway, hope this helps.
    Last edited by rollenrye74; 14 Sep 2020, 8:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X