Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krank cycle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Krank cycle

    Anybody have an opportunity to try one of these?

    https://www.krankcycle.com/

    #2
    yah they are ok. i prefer vitaglide for cardio over that krank
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

    Comment


      #3
      I have as well and i'm not a huge fan. I have never tried vitaglide. SCI fitness probably makes the best UBE device out there but they are pricey.

      Comment


        #4
        I have one. It's easy to remove the seat and wheel up to it. I like that you can turn it around and reverse crank but the flywheel takes getting used to. Look online at used exercise equipment warehouses, I got mine for $400 used and it works fine.

        Comment


          #5
          They've changed the model where it's either with a built in seat or no seat. I didn't like because of the short cranks they use. SCI FIT has a longer crank which will work more muscle groups. The Vitaglide is better. Especially yhe new model. Way better than older models. They can work with opposing strokes or together. I'm seriously thinking about selling my old one for one of the newer models.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
            They've changed the model where it's either with a built in seat or no seat. I didn't like because of the short cranks they use. SCI FIT has a longer crank which will work more muscle groups. The Vitaglide is better. Especially yhe new model. Way better than older models. They can work with opposing strokes or together. I'm seriously thinking about selling my old one for one of the newer models.

            pat let us know how you like the new one if you get one ive been thinking of getting a new one as welli have the old now but just regular not the pro
            to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

            Comment


              #7
              yah pat, ive been wanting to get the new model myself. i love exercise equipment, but im running out of room. my workout room is our spare bedroom. currently filled with vita pro, uppertone, ski erg, lat pull down and dumbell rack. im pretty much at capacity.
              we have a 700 sq ft loft i need to figure out a cost effective way to get up there and make it my new gym
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com
              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
              sponsored handcycle racer

              Comment


                #8
                I corresponded with the owner a few months back. Will write to see what's up. I'm always concerned the new model of anything may not be as good as the previous one. This looks completley different though. I sure love my VG when I can't get out on the handcycle.

                I hear you on being addicted to exercise equipment John lol.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm about to cancel my VG order as I've been waiting several months.
                  The Skierg looks meh since it appears to be only back/triceps (no biceps). I like my Krankcycle but I alternate arms most of the time (tip I got from former Ultracyclist, Danny Chew. Look him up. He won the Race Across America solo twice before he was paralyzed). I have an Apex cable machine (so so), but my goal is to fit my handcycle with an erg trainer so I can "play" at Zwift over the winter.

                  John: do you know any good erg mode (they can vary resistance based on computer control via ANT+ dongle or BT) trainers that will work well with a handcycle? An erg rollers with no front roller and a resistance unit like the newer E-motion rollers would be great.
                  T3 complete since Sept 2015.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mize View Post
                    I'm about to cancel my VG order as I've been waiting several months.
                    The Skierg looks meh since it appears to be only back/triceps (no biceps). I like my Krankcycle but I alternate arms most of the time (tip I got from former Ultracyclist, Danny Chew. Look him up. He won the Race Across America solo twice before he was paralyzed). I have an Apex cable machine (so so), but my goal is to fit my handcycle with an erg trainer so I can "play" at Zwift over the winter.

                    John: do you know any good erg mode (they can vary resistance based on computer control via ANT+ dongle or BT) trainers that will work well with a handcycle? An erg rollers with no front roller and a resistance unit like the newer E-motion rollers would be great.
                    its all upper arm, shoulders, back, chest etc. i have zero tri's. just depends on what you have working

                    as for trainers, you'd have to dig around. most of us use regular trainers. i use cycleops jet fluid pro.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                      yah pat, ive been wanting to get the new model myself. i love exercise equipment, but im running out of room. my workout room is our spare bedroom. currently filled with vita pro, uppertone, ski erg, lat pull down and dumbell rack. im pretty much at capacity.
                      we have a 700 sq ft loft i need to figure out a cost effective way to get up there and make it my new gym

                      john maybe you could find a used stairlift to use and just keep a chair up there thats what i do for my basemebt but im sure you already thought of that
                      to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
                        john maybe you could find a used stairlift to use and just keep a chair up there thats what i do for my basemebt but im sure you already thought of that
                        yah but i dont want to have to transfer
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                          yah pat, ive been wanting to get the new model myself. i love exercise equipment, but im running out of room. my workout room is our spare bedroom. currently filled with vita pro, uppertone, ski erg, lat pull down and dumbell rack. im pretty much at capacity.
                          we have a 700 sq ft loft i need to figure out a cost effective way to get up there and make it my new gym
                          Space was one the reasons I gave up the uppertone for the FT1. Ever thought about making the change to a functional trainer?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by shaun View Post
                            space was one the reasons i gave up the uppertone for the ft1. Ever thought about making the change to a functional trainer?
                            i googled it but how do you use it independently
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                              i googled it but how do you use it independently
                              Without any problems, give me a situation?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X