Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who needs help with exercises look at this site..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who needs help with exercises look at this site..

http://www.physiotherapyexercises.com/
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Hi
    I had spinal stroke the week of sept 5th. also laminectomy on the 6th. before the surgery I could feel but not move my legs. after the surgery... I have no feeling below my waist. I do have a lot of tingling and recently tightness (like I'm wearing tight stockings).

Any rehab I have had has been small... such as working on balance and dressing, etc. part of the problem is insurance and for awhile I was so swollen I couldn't sit up.
    Anyways, I know I'm almost 5mos out and I know I need to get aggressive rehab and soon if i'm going to walk again.

what exactly did you do to walk so soon? where did you start?

I do have an appointment with Physical Medicine and Rehab on feb 2nd.

I've just been very overwhelmed with it all. (in addition - my mom died a day after my surgery)

thanks

Comment

I was just lucky. Remember everyone's different. Do your therapy and fellow what they tell you. Workout at home as well. Try to find a lokomat in your area for walking. And try to keep a positive attitude.

Good luck

Originally posted by Lisakaymd View Post
      Hi
      I had spinal stroke the week of sept 5th. also laminectomy on the 6th. before the surgery I could feel but not move my legs. after the surgery... I have no feeling below my waist. I do have a lot of tingling and recently tightness (like I'm wearing tight stockings).

Any rehab I have had has been small... such as working on balance and dressing, etc. part of the problem is insurance and for awhile I was so swollen I couldn't sit up.
      Anyways, I know I'm almost 5mos out and I know I need to get aggressive rehab and soon if i'm going to walk again.

what exactly did you do to walk so soon? where did you start?

I do have an appointment with Physical Medicine and Rehab on feb 2nd.

I've just been very overwhelmed with it all. (in addition - my mom died a day after my surgery)

thanks
      C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Comment

Bookmarked! This is an excellent resource -- thanks so much. It will definitely put more structure around the PT regimen.
        MS Caretaker for 9 years

Comment

No Prob
          Originally posted by tinavecchio View Post
          Bookmarked! This is an excellent resource -- thanks so much. It will definitely put more structure around the PT regimen.

Comment

Working...
          X