Finger exerciser that returns you to extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger exerciser that returns you to extension

After my 2009 injury I found this hand exercising device with little plastic hollow cylinders to put each of your fingers through. It held your fingers and hand in extension and provided resistance for flexion, I think through bands from the back of your hands to your fingertips. I was thinking one of these might help me now. I have a little bit of flexion strength but no extension strength in all. Such a thing that held me in extension but that I could work against for flexion would help me strengthen my fingers I think, which I need to do to be able to steer a new wheelchair.

I can?t find one of these online now. Does anyone recognize what I?m talking about?

Be careful with anything that stretches your fingers into extension, esp. with your wrist in extension. This can cause you to loose your effective tenodesis grip. I would recommend seeing a PT or OT who specializes in hand therapy and who could prescribe appropriate exercises and equipment for you.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X