No announcement yet.

Gait training advice and tips please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water walking assistant looks like a good choice to me and I might get one even if just for occasional pool opportunities. I'm always trying to figure out what I can do to help myself. I use google and find so many exercise ideas and info on how the body works, the research is great but all the info kinda gets overwhelming and bogs me down. So in the meantime of searching I'm always trying to exercise the best I can. I see the pool would be great but if I can't get there regularly there must be other ways to train effectively right? I use a gait trainer once a day, the rest of the time I'm in my chair so I'm thinking there has to be a full body workout that can be achieved from my chair. I ordered a book on kinsiology and hoping that educating myself on human movement will help me see clearer and simplify my view of workouts aiming at improvements.

You posted the pvc parallel bars which have been on my mind, it seems maybe out of the pool as well they would be a good way for me to practice walking fully on my feet with no bicycle seat. I was looking at this one http://trinitytraining.blogspot.mx/2...p-station.html for practicing standing and squats and maybe balance. I have so many ideas but am trying to find a few solid ones that I can fit into my limited time and with continued use bring lasting results. What are your thoughts on this one for practicing standing?

A friend started helping me get on the floor about twice a week and there too I see so many possibilities. But figuring out the most important things to work on while there is not a easy task. I hope to figure out a simple way to do leg presses as I think that is a good exercise to strengthen the legs.

I know I have so much potential but I'm struggling with figuring out EXACTLY WHAT I need to do for success. I'm holding on one day at time and hope to figure it out soon.

Anyway, you guys and the info and wisdom you share is greatly appreciated and I thank you very much!
    http://abacoian.wordpress.com/ My blog

Comment

Hi KLD,
      Have you had any feedback about the pool walker aids? I like the look of the Sprintaquatics model -- what does the aquatics therapist think of it or other devices?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X