Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Peter Lathrop - Amplified Agility Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration Therapy (SCIRT)

Has anybody heard of this program or Dr.?

A few months back, I saw several ads for his program on Facebook. Today I received an email. He's located in San Diego area. Treatment involves:

• one and/or two different types of electrical stimulation devices,
    • hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming and regenerative visualization exercises
    • neural-patterning to facilitate recovery of muscle mass and muscle control lost during the period of paralysis.
    • creating the ?inner terrain? in the body conducive to healing (cleansed, more alkaline, well-hydrated, food as medicine, supplements, as well as other lifestyle choices).

http://amplifiedagility.com
    Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration[/h]During the past 25+ years, Dr. Peter Lathrop has developed a paralysis and spinal cord injury recovery program that helps clients regain sensory and motor functions and ultimately become more mobile. His protocol is a fully integrated approach based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection.
    Dr. Lathrop?s experience as a psychotherapist (Master?s Degree in Psychology) and neurophysiologist (Ph.D.in Neurophysiology), as well as his deep knowledge of regenerative electromedicine, has allowed him to develop and continually refine this multi-faceted program that helps his clients defy the odds they have been given for what is possible in their recovery.

"Regenerative electromedicine" ? Really ? I suggest you research a good bit deeper. Where the heck is this taught ?

Originally posted by Broken Doll View Post
    Has anybody heard of this program or Dr.?

A few months back, I saw several ads for his program on Facebook. Today I received an email. He's located in San Diego area. Treatment involves:

• one and/or two different types of electrical stimulation devices,
    • hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming and regenerative visualization exercises
    • neural-patterning to facilitate recovery of muscle mass and muscle control lost during the period of paralysis.
    • creating the ?inner terrain? in the body conducive to healing (cleansed, more alkaline, well-hydrated, food as medicine, supplements, as well as other lifestyle choices).

http://amplifiedagility.com
    Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration[/h]During the past 25+ years, Dr. Peter Lathrop has developed a paralysis and spinal cord injury recovery program that helps clients regain sensory and motor functions and ultimately become more mobile. His protocol is a fully integrated approach based on a deep understanding of neurophysiology, neuro-psychology and the mind-body connection.
    Dr. Lathrop?s experience as a psychotherapist (Master?s Degree in Psychology) and neurophysiologist (Ph.D.in Neurophysiology), as well as his deep knowledge of regenerative electromedicine, has allowed him to develop and continually refine this multi-faceted program that helps his clients defy the odds they have been given for what is possible in their recovery.

Comment

My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I read hypnosis

Comment

Mine rolled when I read:

Extreme Self Care Coaching
        which includes but is not limited to creating the "inner terrain" in the body conducive to healing.

Comment

I have this morbid fantasy that one day we'll all discover that the cure is something like eating 2 lbs of turnips every day, at the stroke of midnight, and we could have been ok all along if we'd just known.

Comment

Wonder what kind of "doctor" he is...clearly not an MD. I guess he is using this title from his PhD in neurophysiology. If he is holding himself out as a physician, or practicing medicine in the state of CA without a license as an MD or DO, he will soon have the state Medical licensing Board breathing down his neck. Wonder if this is one of the many "cure" businesses which actually administered treatment in Tijuana with administrative offices in the San Diego area. My scam radar is lighting up on "high".

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Funny Barb, I'll take turnips over brussel sprouts though!

As KLD pointed out, he is most probably "practicing" in Mexico. We will make sure.

Comment

After the recent breakthrough with the electrical stimulation where the four male SCIs all had motor function return that the Reeve Foundation funded, I expected there would be a lot of " doctors" offering these types of therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Doll View Post
                  After the recent breakthrough with the electrical stimulation where the four male SCIs all had motor function return that the Reeve Foundation funded, I expected there would be a lot of " doctors" offering these types of therapy.
                  It was a scientific breakthrough and a whole lot has been learned. A lot more work has to be done and clinical trials completed. A good stimulator both implantable and transcutaneous must make it through the FDA requirements before it's freely available on the open market. There's been quite a few threads posted recently that have a lot of detail in them. I'll post Dr. Edgerton's video when it becomes available after W2W in Seattle, but here's a little more information about the discovery I posted yesterday.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...susan-harkema/
                  Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-11-2014, 01:03 PM.
                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Heres the FDA clearance for Dr. Lathrop's SCENAR or Self-Controlling Energy Neuro Adaptive Regulator. Initially developed in Russia for Cosmonauts to zap their pain away in space. The FDA cleared it with a 501K because it's similiar to currently avaliable TENS and FES devices.
                    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...f9/K092117.pdf
                    This is old technology re-packaged.
                    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-11-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2drwhofans View Post
                      Heres the FDA clearance for Dr. Lathrop's SCENAR or Self-Controlling Energy Neuro Adaptive Regulator. Initially developed in Russia for Cosmonauts to zap their pain away in space. The FDA cleared it with a 501K because it's similiar to currently avaliable TENS and FES devices.
                      http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...f9/K092117.pdf
                      This is Buzz Lightyears away from the research and progress being made with implanted stimulators at UCLA.
                      i've sent for more information. i watched the testimonials online and read the information on their website.
                      very interesting.

Comment

MikeB,

I deleted the last sentence of post 10. I realized that it may have appeared as a "thumbs up". It wasn't meant to be.
                        My scam radar is tracking the same as SCI Nurse on this one.

Here's a discussion on SCENAR from another blog I follow:

http://rationalbrain.wordpress.com/2...ogy-of-a-scam/

Comment

Originally posted by 2drwhofans View Post
                          MikeB,

I deleted the last sentence of post 10. I realized that it may have appeared as a "thumbs up". It wasn't meant to be.
                          My scam radar is tracking the same as SCI Nurse on this one.

Here's a discussion on SCENAR from another blog I follow:

http://rationalbrain.wordpress.com/2...ogy-of-a-scam/
                          i realize that. i'm compelled to question (and investigate) everything lately, even if it is another dead end.
                          thank you for the info and heads up.

Comment

Hi - when I asked this week "how did you hear about us" I heard it was on this forum. I found this thread today and appreciate the questions and skepticism posted. I am part of Amplified Agility so I will share a little bit so you get a sense of who we are and if you want to learn more I know you will reach out. FYI, to address a couple of the posts straight up we are not a medical practice and we don't position ourselves to be licensed practitioners. Everyone who meets us or ultimately works with us knows that Peter is a neurophysiologist/neuroscientist and psychologist - Ph.D. He has been in the field of electromedicine for 30 years as an inventor and neuroscientist. He has a very respectful history in developing the field. It has advanced significantly in the past 30 years just as things like phones to "smart phones" have. Also, we don't TREAT people with spinal cord injuries and in fact no longer call it a therapy or treatment program. Our legal people are really helping us with the right language. To be clear people do not come to us for treatment like the medical model. Our clients do a complete program at home. It is a fully integrated approach based on a lot of science. You can roll your eyes at hypnosis or a "clean" body and yet when all of these things are done all together by people they leap forward in their progress. People who step into our program make significant gains/strides in progress. No one person's result is the same as you all know no one injury is the same. We don't promise or guarantee anything. To address some of the other posts - we don't "practice" in Mexico enough though we are in San Diego. We don't have offices in Tiajuana. You can think of us more like a coaching firm than anything else. We are very transparent with our work and who we are. I invite you to follow our blogs/facebook posts and just learn and watch for yourself as we share results. We have only worked with about 25-30 spinal cord injured persons over the years and yet have demonstrated results such that we are looking to raise funds specifically for a clinical study of the methodology. The bulk of Peter's success over the years is with any type of soft tissue injury (muscle, ligament, tendon, nerve) and chronic pain. He has also worked for the largest of medical device companies (Like Medtronic, Inc.) to develop technology as have I. I was with the neurological division of Medtronic for 10 years after being an ICU nurse for a number of years. My name is Kay and I welcome posts, emails, phone calls etc. We are not trying to "prove" anything until we do a trial....until then we will publish case by case results now that we are giving this more focus, and this increase in focus was encouraged by our clients who were pleased with their results. Thanks everyone for reading....and continuing to question and explore. I look forward to knowing you perhaps at some point.

Comment

Re: "Also, we don't TREAT people with spinal cord injuries and in fact no longer call it a therapy or treatment program. Our legal people are really helping us with the right language."

Then consider taking down this YouTube Video that starts out with Dr. Lathrop stating he treats quadriplegics and has restored quadriplegics back to normal functioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqUtCpgXwck
                              Last edited by 2drwhofans; 09-17-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X