Lordosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lordosis

Ok so I posted another thread about this but a bunch of other posters came up and my post didn't work..I'll try again

any exercises or stretches to help with lordosis in SCI?

There is a natural lordosis you should have in your lower back (lumbar spine). Is your excessive, or you don't have one (flat back)?? Not clear from your question.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Excessive. Any thoughts on stretches or exercises?

Comment

A lot of times excessive lordosis is caused my tight hip flexors, which also tilts your pelvis anteriorly, so stretching those can help.
        Here is a good explanation of what could be causing the lordosis. It was just a quick google search so I'm sure there is better out there. I didn't even look at the exercises because they are geared towards the able bodied.
        http://www.somastruct.com/4-great-ex...r-pelvic-tilt/
        Last edited by november; 5 May 2014, 1:57 AM.
        Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Working...
        X