No announcement yet.

For anyone looking to hit the gym but don't think their paralysis will allow it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone looking to hit the gym but don't think their paralysis will allow it

This guy doesn't have an SCI but I think we can all relate at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItgeWUeQ_4

Some gyms will offer discounts on memberships to the disabled. It never hurts to ask.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Originally posted by IsMaisin View Post
      Some gyms will offer discounts on memberships to the disabled. It never hurts to ask.
      I have been hurt 27 yrs and been working out for 24yrs and doing personal training for 4yrs and I have never heard of that!

I would never of asked simply because I have never used my disability to get something that a AB person cant get..except parking (:

Comment

Originally posted by crash86 View Post
        I have been hurt 27 yrs and been working out for 24yrs and doing personal training for 4yrs and I have never heard of that!

I would never of asked simply because I have never used my disability to get something that a AB person cant get..except parking (:
        I did ask not because I wanted something for free but because so much of the gym was treadmills, stair climbers and other features I cannot use so they gave me 30% off.

Comment

Originally posted by Monoski View Post
          I did ask not because I wanted something for free but because so much of the gym was treadmills, stair climbers and other features I cannot use so they gave me 30% off.
          great job on the discount. I guess asking doesn't hurt our gym has the treadmills and cardio but has a huge selection of free weights and hammer strength equipment. I took my own stationary hand crank bike down for my cardio so I use it there..it broke and they even paid for the repairs.

Comment

I have been inspired to ask about disability discounts at my local gym!

Comment

Working...
            X