Just more WALKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just more WALKING

Internet connection died, but was GREAT! Been walking around house 2-3X/day. AM parking wc in bathroom. STAND UP. USE WALKER TO TOILET. TURN AROUND WITH WALKER. UN BUTTON JEANS. SIT ON TOILET AND GO. STAND BACK UP. PULL JEAN UP INCLUDING BUTTON AND ZIPPER. WALK BACK TO WC. And move on. This each time need toilet, unless emergency. My mother showed me was talking too big of step. Also walkig around house. Even falling.
    Last edited by rlmtrhmiles; 19 Mar 2013, 3:22 PM. Reason: typo

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Internet connection died, but was GREAT! Been walking around house 2-3X/day. AM parking wc in bathroom. STAND UP. USE WALKER TO TOILET. TURN AROUND WITH WALKER. UN BUTTON JEANS. SIT ON TOILET AND GO. STAND BACK UP. PULL JEAN UP INCLUDING BUTTON AND ZIPPER. WALK BACK TO WC. And move on. This each time need toilet, unless emergency. My mother showed me was talking too big of step. Also walkig around house. Even falling.
    Wish I could do that . I would probaly leave the wheelchair behind for good

Comment

I have a doctor appontment in 2 weeks. May be a far fetched idea, but may leave wheelchair at home and just take walker. Doctor probably fall over dead. My injury was 2002. Have done my own therapy and basically said start over being a baby and see what happens.

Comment

Good for you!
        2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

wondwrful take the chair and walker walk in have someone video priceless great job

Comment

Awesome! What is your level of injury?

Comment

I do all of this myself at home. I was in auto accident in 2002. Injury level, truthfully I wish I could get a straight answer. I was in hospital 5 + years. Very hard to describe all that went wrong. Broken back which still does not match with what I am doing. Collapsed lung. 3 comas - 1st almost 6 months. Almost 90 operations. Was not originally released from ICE 1st time after 1/1-2 years. wrecked my hearing. This goes on and on and on.

Comment

I am actually learning to walk backwards with walker at the toilet. Can pretty much undo jeans to sit at toilet and stand pack up and put them back together. I REFUSE to have any kind of assistance mounted anywhere. If I fall, I learn how to fall as well get back up I have getting tempted to try walker on driveway incline. CANNOT use a walker in grass.

Comment

If I can get, permanently to the wheelchair behind, I have evey intention of donating chair I just bought to someone in dire need.

Comment

Great job. That is awesome!

I might ask your doctor if they could refer you to get some physical therapy now. You are making such good progress.... just think, if you get some expert input you might improve even faster!

Well done. Definitely try taking a walker into your next appointment. And when you see a physical therapist, ask about forearm crutches.

Comment

Thank you for offer. I created and do my own and the doctor actually told me to keep up with my plan. Her plan and mine totally different. I started all the way back at lie down, close eyes and simply see if can think my way through something. Not worry about physical motion AND keep eyes out of process. Mental, visual and physical MUST all be on a coordinated pattern in order to execute something.

Originally posted by hlh View Post
                      Great job. That is awesome!

I might ask your doctor if they could refer you to get some physical therapy now. You are making such good progress.... just think, if you get some expert input you might improve even faster!

Well done. Definitely try taking a walker into your next appointment. And when you see a physical therapist, ask about forearm crutches.

Comment

I am thinking forearm crutches. I am not sure if I am ready for them, but also, simply may be scared. 1 thing a few years back, I think mentally, physical and posture I was doing HORRIBLE with walker. Leaned WAY TOO FAR into them and essentially and result was walker doing walking for me along with my arms supporting body. This technique learns nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
                          Thank you for offer. I created and do my own and the doctor actually told me to keep up with my plan. Her plan and mine totally different. I started all the way back at lie down, close eyes and simply see if can think my way through something. Not worry about physical motion AND keep eyes out of process. Mental, visual and physical MUST all be on a coordinated pattern in order to execute something.
                          This sound interesting, will give it a try, thanks
                          T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

flying..what I described here I cannot put into words all it has done. I basically took approach I have eyes, mental and physical body of an adult. Neurological of an infant. Something must be wrong. All of those things need to be coordinated trying execute same "thing." Take eyes out of process - close them. Take muscle out of process - lay down. Now lets see if brain can think something through and I see it visually in my brain. I was ALWAYS taking too big of a step forward. For example - walk with left leg. WHAT must be done to do this? There probably are 1 million things your body must do before you can even pick that foot up.

Originally posted by flying View Post
                            This sound interesting, will give it a try, thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X