Anyone Standing without proprioception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjt8 View Post
    the biggest help I think has been my past before SCI. I had great balance as a Trials rider and moving cattle on horse back as a boy.
    I did both those things as well!
    So many times i say "man, I'm glad I rode trials for 15yrs"
    It saves my ass over & over
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Very helpful discussion.
      I also find that after standing and putting weight on my feet, the tingling and "sense" of them increases. Its like I feel them there, although not EXACTLY where.

I'm going to do weekly video updates of my standing exercises on my blog. Next month, it will be from a condo in Hawaii! So if the standing depresses me, the snorkeling will cheer me up
      http://www.laughwithmecrywithme.com
      my website & blog

Comment

Hello, that video of the guy with no propreception was amazeing, he looked paraylized when he was laying in bed but he was not. thanks Steve. i think mabe we can do it too if we try.

Comment

Originally posted by darlagee22 View Post
          Very helpful discussion.
          I also find that after standing and putting weight on my feet, the tingling and "sense" of them increases. Its like I feel them there, although not EXACTLY where.

I'm going to do weekly video updates of my standing exercises on my blog. Next month, it will be from a condo in Hawaii! So if the standing depresses me, the snorkeling will cheer me up
          For me (and this has been 20+ years ago), the more I learned my "sense" or sensation the more adapt I got to being able to place my feet. Even today, if a leg were to break and be turned backwards, I would not know it but I would know that my foot is touching something hard. It is really hard for people to understand that concept even some of my doctors. I still remember that feeling when they stood me up and I felt nothing. It was a horrible panic feeling and I remember asking the Physical therapist if my feet were on the floor. I couldn't see because the huge turtle brace prevented me from movement and I was afraid to look down. Its funny some of the things your mind just never forgets. That feeling is one of them.

The more you do get used to the "new you sense", the better you will become.
          T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hello, Darkeyed Daisy and others on this post you are so inspireing to me because every one is on somekind of journey to keep strong healthy and to keep themself going. I never knew anything like what i am trying to do ( walk again) with the least amount of aids. thanks for your stories of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by darlagee22 View Post
              Very helpful discussion.

Yes and,,,, today's bright move required taking out the window on the screen door(removed!) shoveling the 2'x2' path to let the door open and than struggling across the 24" of snow to clean off the truck. Made it, cleaned off the monster 4x4 and started it up, got it warm and packed the driveway down, and than there was the "tingling" yes, there still there, the kicker,,,, I wasn't wearing any shoes, or socks,,, but hey I had a coat on......

Comment

Working...
              X