• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most amazing inspirational transformation

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4925797056266

Hope this comes over so everyone can see it..it is amazing! IMO
    Helga

Yea, amazing what an oversweight AB can do when he finally gets a wake up call. Glad he's back to living but not inspirational to me.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Headline: Local lazy fatass decides to something instead of nothing! Be inspired!!

Comment

the thing is, that man still can make his body hear what his brain wants it to do.
        the signal is not lost. People who are at care cure, have more than a weak body. the body can no longer hear what the brain tells it to do. no amount of trying will change that.

Comment

-----------------------
          Last edited by t8burst; 02-05-2013, 07:23 AM. Reason: not worth it

Comment

I don't need any outside inspiration. I want to walk unassisted. That's all the motivation I need.

That being said, this guy is a teacher near where I grew up, is a decorated combat veteran and deserves more respect than is being shown to him here. "All gave some; some gave all"

I agree though- It is not quite the same as an SCI. I do recommend the exercises for balance. I do these all the time and they have greatly improved my strength and balance. Still not running however.

Comment

?????

Comment

I enjoyed that video, I'm so happy for him, he looks great!

Who knew Diamond Dallas Page is a yoga instructor.
                A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                  -----------------------
                  What he didn't say.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by MFlounlacker View Post
                    I don't need any outside inspiration. I want to walk unassisted. That's all the motivation I need.

That being said, this guy is a teacher near where I grew up, is a decorated combat veteran and deserves more respect than is being shown to him here. "All gave some; some gave all"

I agree though- It is not quite the same as an SCI. I do recommend the exercises for balance. I do these all the time and they have greatly improved my strength and balance. Still not running however.
                    sorry, im probably miserable.
                    I didnt mean any disrespect.
                    I didnt think the OP knew the difference between that guy, and someone with an interference to the spinal cord.
                    ya im miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                      sorry, im probably miserable.
                      I didnt mean any disrespect.
                      I didnt think the OP knew the difference between that guy, and someone with an interference to the spinal cord.
                      ya im miserable.
                      You don't need to apologize. I get tired as well of people sharing stories of how they managed through their "hard work" to get out of a wheelchair and walk. The inference of course is those of is who can't are just lazy instead of the reality that unless there is some sort of medical breakthrough I won't be able to wiggle my little toe much less walk. Of course for people with SCI most of us would just be happy just to have normal bowel functionality not to have to stick our finger up our ass and dig out our crap. Would trade that for walking any day.

I am happy this guy got his life back together, but posting it here as inspiration was a bit insensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                        You don't need to apologize. I get tired as well of people sharing stories of how they managed through their "hard work" to get out of a wheelchair and walk. The inference of course is those of is who can't are just lazy instead of the reality that unless there is some sort of medical breakthrough I won't be able to wiggle my little toe much less walk. Of course for people with SCI most of us would just be happy just to have normal bowel functionality not to have to stick our finger up our ass and dig out our crap. Would trade that for walking any day.

I am happy this guy got his life back together, but posting it here as inspiration was a bit insensitive.
                        agreed. while it took a lot of discipline to lose weight, no amount of yoga is gonna make me walk again. jody, your post wasnt a hint disrespectful.
                        "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                        http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Isn't this the exercise AND recovery thread? Some folks on this site are getting return and videos of this nature might help them fight through the fatigue and endless work outs they endure in order to maximize their recovery.
                          I personally don't need videos of other people for my motivation. But I have always been self motivated. Maybe others may benefit though.
                          BTW I do have an SCI, have no bladder control and have to stick my finger in my ass to take a dump as well.
                          The presence or absence of these facts has absolutely no bearing on whether or not one dumps un warranted criticism upon someone they do not know.
                          I happen to know this guy. He was a member of the 82nd Airborne, served during Desert Storm and his injuries are considered service related.

If it makes one feel good about themselves to dump their negativity upon others, more power to them.

No one has to apologize. This is a free country.

Comment

It does show the power of the mind, though. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and lock ourselves up tight, never to be let loose again.

Though I don't think I'll be walking by morning let alone peeing like a normal person (the biggest bane of paralysis IMO) ... no matter how hard I wish on a star or fall from trying.
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Certainly we can all draw inspiration and hope from people determined to recover from all mannerer of psychological and physical challenges: from acne to Zellweger Syndrome (whatever that is, I needed something with a "z").
                              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X