Random's recovery thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random's recovery thread

My caregiver is helping me better than a therapist ever has, and I'm getting new movement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNmQvs5Rak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryl17bKUSFk

I am starting pool therapy soon as well, and I believe great things are going to happen. Committing to it publicly seems a good idea.

Please hold me to it, and indulge me a little bit as I speculate where I might be today if I hadn't gotten injured again, and had made it to Kennedy Krieger as planned, in 2009.

I'm having dishearteningly less success in my upper body rehab efforts, but I keep trying, and hoping.

----------------------------------------------------
    ETA
    My original impetus in posting these videos was to answer the person who asked about the benefits of standing for incompletes. I really think my standing is what has made the critical difference in function, followed by my caregiver coaching me to try these things.

I also can flex my toes.

Please try not to snicker at my club feet. I've been too swollen to get into my usual 6m since I got this chair, finally just got 7.5 WW to replace my slippers.
    Last edited by Random; 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM.

Keep with it Random. Ever try skates to remove gravity?

Comment

Don't think about "what ifs". Just work hard. You never know until you give it your best.

Congrats on the return Randi
      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MFlounlacker View Post
        Keep with it Random. Ever try skates to remove gravity?
        No, I haven't. Could you post a link, so I know what you mean? I have been looking for a surface with less friction than my sheets, would love suggestions on that front too.

Also, please note above my edit about standing, which I really think is what has helped me.

If someone who knows how to embed the videos themselves could PM me directions, I'll make things easier while I still can edit.

Comment

cool, keep it up!
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Go to my blog markflounlacker.blogspot.com. My last post has a video and I have the skates on it. One is from the hospital and the rest are me at my home.

Comment

Forgive me but I'm not aware of your story, but I think its really wonderful you're getting return. All the best!
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                My caregiver is helping me better than a therapist ever has, and I'm getting new movement.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNmQvs5Rak
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryl17bKUSFk

I am starting pool therapy soon as well, and I believe great things are going to happen. Committing to it publicly seems a good idea.

Please hold me to it, and indulge me a little bit as I speculate where I might be today if I hadn't gotten injured again, and had made it to Kennedy Krieger as planned, in 2009.

I'm having dishearteningly less success in my upper body rehab efforts, but I keep trying, and hoping.

----------------------------------------------------
                ETA
                My original impetus in posting these videos was to answer the person who asked about the benefits of standing for incompletes. I really think my standing is what has made the critical difference in function, followed by my caregiver coaching me to try these things.

I also can flex my toes.

Please try not to snicker at my club feet. I've been too swollen to get into my usual 6m since I got this chair, finally just got 7.5 WW to replace my slippers.
                Ironically enough, committing to something like this publicly is actually correlated with lower rates of adherence. But I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cripwalk View Post
                  Ironically enough, committing to something like this publicly is actually correlated with lower rates of adherence. But I wish you the best of luck!
                  So I've read.

And seen.

Hurry! Hit the Delete button! You too, cripwalk.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Okay, back to the bunker.

Comment

Random,
                      Theory seems suspect and inconsistent with contagion theory-when someone in a group loses weight others do too- stay out of the bunker.
                      Finbar

Comment

Random

If you are looking for exercises that your caregiver can help you with and will push you forward in your recovery goals, you should take a look at Project Walk's Home Recovery Program.

Home Recovery Options

Eric Harness, CSCS
                        Founder/President
                        Neuro Ex, Inc
                        Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Thanks, Eric! When the smoke of current life clear as a bit, I'll be there. I'm back in therapy for now, another was doing just a bit when I wake up. My success in this seems a vary day-to-day. Yesterday my left toes felt just stuck in on the sheet, and I ultimately got so frustrated pushing that my leg just flew up. Do folks think I just triggered a spasm somehow, or might I actually have moved it? Can you trigger a spasm just by pushing?

Comment

Working...
                          X