Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random's recovery thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Random's recovery thread

    My caregiver is helping me better than a therapist ever has, and I'm getting new movement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNmQvs5Rak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryl17bKUSFk

    I am starting pool therapy soon as well, and I believe great things are going to happen. Committing to it publicly seems a good idea.

    Please hold me to it, and indulge me a little bit as I speculate where I might be today if I hadn't gotten injured again, and had made it to Kennedy Krieger as planned, in 2009.

    I'm having dishearteningly less success in my upper body rehab efforts, but I keep trying, and hoping.

    ----------------------------------------------------
    ETA
    My original impetus in posting these videos was to answer the person who asked about the benefits of standing for incompletes. I really think my standing is what has made the critical difference in function, followed by my caregiver coaching me to try these things.

    I also can flex my toes.

    Please try not to snicker at my club feet. I've been too swollen to get into my usual 6m since I got this chair, finally just got 7.5 WW to replace my slippers.
    Last edited by Random; 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM.

  • #2
    Keep with it Random. Ever try skates to remove gravity?

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't think about "what ifs". Just work hard. You never know until you give it your best.

      Congrats on the return Randi
      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

      My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MFlounlacker View Post
        Keep with it Random. Ever try skates to remove gravity?
        No, I haven't. Could you post a link, so I know what you mean? I have been looking for a surface with less friction than my sheets, would love suggestions on that front too.

        Also, please note above my edit about standing, which I really think is what has helped me.

        If someone who knows how to embed the videos themselves could PM me directions, I'll make things easier while I still can edit.

        Comment


        • #5
          cool, keep it up!
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Go to my blog markflounlacker.blogspot.com. My last post has a video and I have the skates on it. One is from the hospital and the rest are me at my home.

            Comment


            • #7
              Forgive me but I'm not aware of your story, but I think its really wonderful you're getting return. All the best!
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Random View Post
                My caregiver is helping me better than a therapist ever has, and I'm getting new movement.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNmQvs5Rak
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryl17bKUSFk

                I am starting pool therapy soon as well, and I believe great things are going to happen. Committing to it publicly seems a good idea.

                Please hold me to it, and indulge me a little bit as I speculate where I might be today if I hadn't gotten injured again, and had made it to Kennedy Krieger as planned, in 2009.

                I'm having dishearteningly less success in my upper body rehab efforts, but I keep trying, and hoping.

                ----------------------------------------------------
                ETA
                My original impetus in posting these videos was to answer the person who asked about the benefits of standing for incompletes. I really think my standing is what has made the critical difference in function, followed by my caregiver coaching me to try these things.

                I also can flex my toes.

                Please try not to snicker at my club feet. I've been too swollen to get into my usual 6m since I got this chair, finally just got 7.5 WW to replace my slippers.
                Ironically enough, committing to something like this publicly is actually correlated with lower rates of adherence. But I wish you the best of luck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cripwalk View Post
                  Ironically enough, committing to something like this publicly is actually correlated with lower rates of adherence. But I wish you the best of luck!
                  So I've read.

                  And seen.


                  Hurry! Hit the Delete button! You too, cripwalk.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Okay, back to the bunker.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Random,
                      Theory seems suspect and inconsistent with contagion theory-when someone in a group loses weight others do too- stay out of the bunker.
                      Finbar

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Random

                        If you are looking for exercises that your caregiver can help you with and will push you forward in your recovery goals, you should take a look at Project Walk's Home Recovery Program.

                        Home Recovery Options


                        Eric Harness, CSCS
                        Founder/President
                        Neuro Ex, Inc
                        Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks, Eric! When the smoke of current life clear as a bit, I'll be there. I'm back in therapy for now, another was doing just a bit when I wake up. My success in this seems a vary day-to-day. Yesterday my left toes felt just stuck in on the sheet, and I ultimately got so frustrated pushing that my leg just flew up. Do folks think I just triggered a spasm somehow, or might I actually have moved it? Can you trigger a spasm just by pushing?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X