When exactly do you know when you've gotten on with life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
    I got on with life very quickly but I have realized lately that I got on with life because I go to n with my kids life. They needed me to be driving and going to their sporting events. They needed me to show them there was a world outside of this small town and to see me volunteering and workingand to know not to let anything stop you.
    Lately I have been realizing that I may crash and burn when they are grown. For a little while anyway. It's a bit scary.
    I hear you. The moment all my children were out of the house my life changed. The last three year have not been very nice. So I am really looking forward to get my small one home the next four years. Maybe it happened because he left too early and too young, he was only 13 and I didn'expect it and it happened very suddenly.

It is not that I miss him, I see him often and he is coming home in the weekends and maybe a evening or two every week. But tomorrow is his last day living on the school and he is coming back on Tuesday. But the school has been good for him and he has changed a lot to the better.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
      I got on with life the second I awoke from a 10 day coma.
      What else is there to do?

Originally posted by Charlottes Web View Post
      Well, howdy neighbor!!!

The clinic sounds like great fun, thank you! However, skiing would pull my arms right off of my body!!!
      If it's anything like the water skiing we do here then you don't have to hold on to the rope with your hands so there is no chance of this happening. Go give it a try you might be surprised.

Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago, my first time to water ski in 3 years, I kept the rope in the block and had outriggers on the ski. As you can see, you don't have to hold on to the rope. You don't have to hold on at all really, we've got some high level quads that come out and water ski.
      Most everything I say is

Comment

I had a funny thought. What are we going to do to keep ourselves entertianed once there is a cure. It is a bit of a sick thought but it is funny. I have also told myseld to live in the moment because each moment seems to be struggle you might as well just live in the and it is just another day. These thoughts may help others survive this journey.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post

If it's anything like the water skiing we do here then you don't have to hold on to the rope with your hands so there is no chance of this happening. Go give it a try you might be surprised.

Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago, my first time to water ski in 3 years, I kept the rope in the block and had outriggers on the ski. As you can see, you don't have to hold on to the rope. You don't have to hold on at all really, we've got some high level quads that come out and water ski.

Woo hoooo, that looks fun, Texas! I see, you're held in by the squeeze of the seat and force ...pretty cool!

Does the bumping bother you?

I have trouble with vibration in the car, and lately taking the Quantum through the yard to the garden has been torture ...bumpity, bump, bump! It sets off an earthquake from my chest down. Otherwise, with a little duct tape under my butt, I'd be good on the jet ski behind you... zoom! I grew up on the water with boats and toys - love it!

Great picture! Thanks for sharing!
          Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
          — Marianne Williamson

Comment

Originally posted by stevegalliazzo View Post
            I had a funny thought. What are we going to do to keep ourselves entertianed once there is a cure. It is a bit of a sick thought but it is funny. I have also told myseld to live in the moment because each moment seems to be struggle you might as well just live in the and it is just another day. These thoughts may help others survive this journey.
            Every single day of my childhood life, my Father asked me, "T, you know what you've got in life?" And, before I could answer, he'd say, "right now!" I would mouth the words as he said them...right now! I've seen this many times and think of his words everyday.

Keep living it up in your moment, Steve, it all we have, able or not!

T
            Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
            — Marianne Williamson

Comment

There’s not a spot where you’ve risen above your SCI, it’s a part of you now. Your’e in a new reality that only looks like the old one from the outside. You “rise’ above it by Accepting it, then Adapting your ways of problem solving from the one where ya did everything by yourself, to one where you have to make em happen around you by become sort of a manager, inspiring the AB types (walkies?) to do the stuff that you can’t and still getting what you want to happen, happen. That’s how you Overcome as much of this as you can, and discover that you’re gettin on with it. People will assist you, no prob, if you show, or give them a direction to go in.`

Comment

Working...
              X