yoga and dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yoga and dance

I am looking for some instructional dvds for wheelchair yoga and dance. Preferably, the yoga would incorporate leg movements that could be manipulated manually, but I am not picky. Anyone know of any place I could buy these?

There are many good resources available - Google wheelchair yoga and wheelchair dance. Youtube also has helpful videos. You'll need to look around and see which ones apply to your particular needs, as - unlike in days past - there are now a number of specialized instructional approaches.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 21 Feb 2012, 3:14 PM.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

We are getting ready to start an adaptive yoga program at VIP NeuroRehabilitation Center starting in april. Really looking forward to it. What ASIA classification are you?

Comment

I am a T-2 Complete

Comment

Sorry...but I found dancing from the seated wheelchair level to be so awkward...then again the friends were happy to have me out there with them.
          C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Yeah, I think it would be, but I used to love it and my friends still do and it only makes me sad to watch them having all the fun. I thought if I could learn some killer moves, I could own it.

Comment

I live in Denver and attend an adaptive yoga class. The teachers learned from Matthew Sandford http://matthewsanford.com/content/teaching-yoga and they do an excellent job. I know Matthew has a video you can purchase from Amazon but it is very elementary. Maybe you could start there....
              I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
              hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivyella View Post
                I live in Denver and attend an adaptive yoga class. The teachers learned from Matthew Sandford http://matthewsanford.com/content/teaching-yoga and they do an excellent job.
                Ivyella, you are so fortunate to have teachers trained by Matt Sanford! This is a wonderful suggestion, gothgirlltr2.

Comment

Bonnette, I feel so fortunate to have found the adaptive yoga class and it truly is the highlight of my week. I absolute love it and it is challenging too.
                  I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
                  hunger.

Comment

Bonnette, I feel so fortunate to have found the adaptive yoga class and it truly is the highlight of my week. I absolute love it and it is challenging too.
                    If I'm ever in Denver for longer than a day or two, I might see you in one of those classes! My local teacher knows a lot of useful adaptations and she's been a big help to me, but Matt Sanford really gets it from experience.

Comment

Thank you all so much! Very helpful suggestions. Any for dance?

Comment

I live in Denver and attend an adaptive yoga class. The teachers learned from Matthew Sandford http://matthewsanford.com/content/teaching-yoga and they do an excellent job. I know Matthew has a video you can purchase from Amazon but it is very elementary. Maybe you could start there....
                        I'm so jealous! I'd love to take a class like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X