Hanging upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging upside down

Inversion therapy for elongating our confined-to-wheelchair, scrunched-up bodies. Good idea?

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Teeter-Products.asp
    stephen@bike-on.com

I can't even imagine the army of people it would take to get me on and off that thing, to say nothing of whoever has to wield the bucket after I spew.......

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
      I can't even imagine the army of people it would take to get me on and off that thing, to say nothing of whoever has to wield the bucket after I spew.......
      We should be pulling out of Afghanistan in less than a year, right? So there's your army. And buckets are readily available.

Any other takers?
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Probably not. I don't see it being of benefit to me personally, other than blood rushing to my head, which I get almost daily to some degree from AD, which is free of charge!

Comment

http://www.teeter-inversion.com

The teeter company makes a version which is a chair, making it easy to transfer to. The chair then transforms to a straight board and then has
          a control to invert it like their regular inverters.

I can't find a picture of it, but I have used it. It was very relaxing,
          I wanted to hang for hours at a time..
          Couldn't afford one, but would be a nice piece of kit to have.

Comment

MY Mom has one..yes it would not be a easy safe thing to get on ..and it would require some kind of straps though to hold us in..

I had a friend who just put a pole across her closet door..within reach of her chair..and she would just hang from it to stretch out back..

I think the time needed would be a lot though to challenge the "scrunched up" time sitting..swimming seems to help me to accomplish this and decrease tightness.

(P.S> loving my Ultimate Meal! ) every day I do it since you mentioned it here!)
            "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              Inversion therapy for elongating our confined-to-wheelchair, scrunched-up bodies. Good idea?

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Teeter-Products.asp
              I did this when I was AB to relieve siatica. It really helped, I would do it for sure.

Comment

I think stretching and use of a standing frame would yield a better benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                  Same here!
                  I never got in this kind of position when I was ab, so I don't see why I should consider it now.

Comment

Your hips might pop out of place

Comment

stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

These things an inversion boots have been fads at different times in the last 40 years. Then people have embolisms from them and they go away for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                          These things an inversion boots have been fads at different times in the last 40 years. Then people have embolisms from them and they go away for a while.
                          Thousands of people are doing headstands in yoga classes around the world everyday. I wouldn't not do this for fear of an embolism. And you don't have to go all the way to full inversion to experience the decompressive benefits.
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I would love to hang upside down right now, that would feel great.

Comment

I had one several years ago stephen. It was a 'hang ups' by teeter. It was very well constructed I felt and I never felt uncomfortable or insecure about using it. I originally bought it for my son when he was having sciatica but he really didn't use it. When i started losing motor function in my LE, i didnt use it and when I became aware that my cervical cord was compressed, I obviously didnt use it. I eventually sold it,as at the time I didnt know if i could have used it anymore but at this point I would if i still had it, as I am functioning much better after surgery. Couldn't speak for anyone trying to transfer from a chair.

I found it pretty cool and exhilarating at the time. Speaking of the army, they use the gravity boots by this company;

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/teeter-Military.asp

anytime someone came to my house, I would make them get on it, lol, people liked it and thought it was pretty cool.

have done headstands in yoga before as well, however with this you can stay inverted for quite awhile if you like, plus as you say, you don't need full inversion for 'effect'.

Comment

Working...
                              X