No announcement yet.

video of me walking in paralell bars/ kafo braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Again i just tried out my new leg braces today. it is a RGO type leg braces with hip support
    not a very good start, first i could not put them on myself, very difficult, two people took over 8min to set me up in them. Once i locked them in place i was put on the parallel bars, lost my balance a couple of times, physio has told me that by prolonged sitting i have lost sense of my centre of gravity. Anyway i tried to hip hitch and found it difficult to ambulate. First day was disappointing BTW i am a T11 complete.

Comment

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...rrent=move.mp4

not sure what i am using here? got Kafo on right leg and nothing at all on left leg. was on lokomat last week had tons of spacity in left leg all week then this. anybody know what muscles are doing what? T10 incomplete 10 months.

Comment

Wow, not sure what that's all about. You are seeing a physical therapist now, right? That's a good question for them. I notice that your feet seem to be a little straighter this time. I'm still amazed at how good your posture is. It took me forever to get to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by truly View Post
          Wow, not sure what that's all about. You are seeing a physical therapist now, right? That's a good question for them. I notice that your feet seem to be a little straighter this time. I'm still amazed at how good your posture is. It took me forever to get to that point.

Truly you sure do how to make someone feel good! J Thanks on the posture it hurts like crazy with the rods in my back! It takes a little while in bars to get straight! I am getting more movement in my hips but that’s about it, I am have been searching and wondering how people began to Free stand? Not sure how that process works? I do it every day in the bars with my arms, I slowly lower on my legs they hold for a sec but I think it’s just spasticity? Not very sure. I have noticed that now in the pool when I try to move my legs its almost like a bad electric jerk, I was able to move legs very easy in the beginning but now every time I got to move the they jerk really hard and I can move them, and then my legs cross and its everything to spread them with my hands? I have def slowed down the walker/kafo walking being that I am doing the lokomat right now, kind of scared I’m going to break something and not going to be able to lokomat, but when lokomat is over back to work! I am trying! Spasticity has been really strange when I just barely touch my legs they spaz, sensation is getting better though.

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Pbryant22, keep up the good work. It looks like your doing great. I have another recommendation that you might want to look into. There's a product out there called a powder board. I think Sammons preston sales it. You lay on the floor and put one leg on top of the powder board with powder of course and move your leg back in forth just like your walking. This product helped me work out longer with less fatigue on your legs. I am sure you experienced some atrophee because of your injury. I found out the more i alternate walking in my paralell bars and powder board. I was actually able to walker farther in my walker. Keep up the good work and good luck. Nick

Comment

Pbryant you doin great..have you tried walkin in water maybe 4-4 1/2 feet the anti-gravity may be beneficial..It has helped me trememndously..I am T5/6 incomplete...keep it up
                Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

Comment

Going back to your question about forearm crutches for a sec, I have these in black, and have been pretty happy with them.

http://www.walkeasy.com/shop/product...roductCode=495

They are extremely adjustable, and rattle less than the hospital type. Look more sophisticated, too, I think. The ergonomic grip has been a really nice feature, too. It's hard, not cushiony, but the shape fits very nicely into my hand, and spreads the pressure out more. Plus, you don't have to be able to grip as tightly to hold safely.

On the other hand, if you want something with spring to relieve the pressure from your shoulders a bit, these look tempting to me:

http://www.dme-direct.com/canadian-crutches-crutch/

Sorry you're runnung into so much frustration with training. I've often wondered what things would be like if everyone had free, unlimited access to workout facilities/trainers/pt, etc. Seems to me that people would be a lot healthier and in better shape, which would be cost-effective, I think.
                  Last edited by PhoenixFiresky; 28 Nov 2011, 8:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmireles View Post
                    Pbryant22, keep up the good work. It looks like your doing great. I have another recommendation that you might want to look into. There's a product out there called a powder board. I think Sammons preston sales it. You lay on the floor and put one leg on top of the powder board with powder of course and move your leg back in forth just like your walking. This product helped me work out longer with less fatigue on your legs. I am sure you experienced some atrophee because of your injury. I found out the more i alternate walking in my paralell bars and powder board. I was actually able to walker farther in my walker. Keep up the good work and good luck. Nick

just looked at the powder board on youtube, wow! never seen that before but i could def use it! already looking at my HUGE bank account online!! its so big it takes up the whole computer screen!! but the money in it only takes a few decimals of the page but i think i can make it work! God works in wonderful ways when he knows you need something! he got you to CARE and take the time and send me advice about the powder board, now its up to me to get it and USE it. thank you so much for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenJ View Post
                      Pbryant you doin great..have you tried walkin in water maybe 4-4 1/2 feet the anti-gravity may be beneficial..It has helped me trememndously..I am T5/6 incomplete...keep it up
                      Warren,

yeah water has been so weird lately, when i first started therapy in August thats all i did was walk in pool with PT with walker, it was really easy. walked front, back, sideways not with all my weight though. but then things changed i graduated to paralell bars and kafo's. but now when i go to pool, when i try to move my leg it jerks like crazy, like a bad wire signal? i can move it a little but then the wire goes crazy again and i kick like crazy. even just a little attempt it kicks. not sure whats going on with it. then my legs cross and lock, i have to take both arms and spread my legs back out. its like a bad wire in a car spitting and sparking the transmission.

Comment

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=bhb-1.mp4

up do date on the wonderful world of SCI

Comment

Originally posted by pbryant22 View Post
                          already looking at my HUGE bank account online!! its so big it takes up the whole computer screen!! but the money in it only takes a few decimals of the page
                          So, they showed me something like this in PT but I had no idea they were for sale. Actually, these are great for doing hamstring exercises because you don't have to fight gravity.

My husband made one of these for me by taking an old coffee table and cutting the legs down to about six inches. Worked great! I expect it would work with any old table that doesn't have a lip on it. I never thought of powder, though. I used to put the big plastic bio hazard bags that we repurposed from the hospital on my legs and they worked slick enough.

I wish you could get a handle on the spasms. Sounds like that's giving you more problems than you need to have right now.

Comment

Man your doing great Im a t10 also and injured about the same time! your making great progress

Comment

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=nobrace.mp4

i just dbl posted on Care cure Sorry! but was wondering if anyone out there has experianced the knee's starting to lock? i feel like they are starting to lock for a few seconds longer, or locking for 2 seconds period! just wondering what some people have experianced? i have tried to look up "free standing" and nothing just standing frame stuff. the question i have is does it just happen? do you work certain muscles to get them to lock? i am at the point to where i can move my leg forward for a step just need the knee's to lock, what can i do to work on it? Thanks guys!

Comment

http://youtu.be/BqyEgimHP98

This is a very small journal of the past year; I was in a wreck on Jan 9th 2011. I was pronounced dead on arrival, then God said NO, I got plans for this boy. Back to life but in a comma with head, lung, kidney, spinal cord injury, few broken bones, doctor said I would never walk again, etc... Been a long journey but as crazy as it sounds a good one. Working hard to get back on my feet so I can go out and do what God wants me to do. 2 days before this wreck I met with one of my pastors and gave my life to God, I said here I am God send me. For anyone going through tuff times, please look at what you got good, it can always be 100 times worse! Appreciate what you got!!! Please pray for God to heal me whole so I can go heal others, the second I get back up and running I have tons of work to do in his name. By no means is that some bribe from me to God to get healed, I'm in it regardless, whether I'm walking or not, I said "Here I am God, send me" as I ask God, "if you get this automobile (body) healed I can go further, and reach more people". The last thing I care about is earthly possessions.The most important thing any person could do for me is pray for my healing, I'm not looking for money, sympathy, sadness, blah blah blah! The last thing I need is for someone to feel sorry for me!! I'm gratefully asking for a healing prayer from your heart, and I am so excited about what God has in store for what's next. For all that know me well, just watch and see what round 2 of my life brings. I have a lot of work to do on earth before I retire, and retirement truly is supposed to be when you leave earth, not some job. We all have much bigger jobs here on earth other than making money. It's just sad that there are so many clueless out there! Believe me I was completely clueless for 28 years, thank God he woke me up, now it's my responsibility to do what I do best reach out and touch people.
                                . Thank you for your prayers!!! God Bless!!

Comment

Working...
                                X