No announcement yet.

Should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the email I received a few days ago.

Greetings M. Sahney,

Here are the analyzed results of yours tests. The key points are:

6 minutes test:

Total distance: 747.45 m
    Average peak heart rate: 153.17 beats/min
    Average peak VO2 max: 31.11 ml/kg/min

Maximal arm crank test:

Max power: 150 W
    Average peak heart rate: 163.44 beats/min
    Average peak VO2 max: 30.57 ml/kg/min

It is interesting to see that you achieved a higher VO2 max during the 6 minutes test, which is suppose to be submaximal, which means that you really pushed yourself to your maximum.

As I have already told you, you still hold our current record for those two tests. Your VO2 max is high and you probably have a good potential for some competitive sports if you like.

Congratulation for your results and it have been a pleasure to work with you,

Have a nice day.

Simon D├ęcary, research student IRGLM
    Never Give Up!

Comment

Perhaps the anticipation cause the rise in hr. I was quite excited to see how well i could do in each portion of the study. I'll measure it right after insane up to confirm. Now that i think about it, 125 does seem high for resting.

Originally posted by jheath View Post
      Nah it's consistent everytime I handcycle it will rise to around 125 before
      I even start cranking...not arguing, but I can't resist posting this

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...-exercise.html

Immediate Response of the
      Cardiovascular System to Exercise

Heart Rate
      Resting heart rate averages 60 to 80 beats/min in healthy adults. In sedentary, middle aged individuals it may be as high as 100 beats/min. In elite endurance athletes heart rates as low as 28 to 40 beats/min have been recorded (2).
      Before exercise even begins heart rate increases in anticipation. This is known as the anticipatory response. It is mediated through the releases of a neurotransmitters called epinephrine and norepinephrine also known as adrenaline and noradrenaline (1).
      After the initial anticipatory response, heart rate increases in direct proportion to exercise intensity until a maximum heart rate is reached. Maximum heart rate is estimated with the formula 220-age. But this is only an estimation, and not particularly accurate. The only direct method for determining maximum heart rate is to exercise at increasing intensities until a plateau in heart rate is found despite the increasing work rate.
      Never Give Up!

Comment

Working...
      X