back to therapy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to therapy!

Well, after I got told that I wasn't making enough progress in therapy my doctor decided that I shouldn't be done with therapy yet! I started therapy again this week 3x a week. I am having to drive 60 miles each day but I think it will be worth it in the long run! I WILL make a complete recovery, I know it! They have plenty of new ideas in store for me!

Miracles happen every day

It's wonderful that you're getting more therapy and I'm so glad they have new ideas for you! Best wishes on your rehab.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

heya!!! that's great that ur going back to therapy. any therapy is good! that is quite the drive but worth it if ur dedicated
      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
      http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Driving is almost a requiremet for someone like me..the price you pay for living in a rural community Its not bad though gives me time to think. Today's therapy session went great! I actually got up on the elliptical..its a special one of course but it works. It feels good to be doing some exercises upright! Thanks for the support!

Comment

Oh, that is great about your therapy session today! It must have felt wonderful, indeed, to get up on the elliptical. I know what you mean about the distance - there are therapists in the town where I live, but seeing the best ones (for my condition, anyway) involves quite a drive, pun intended! It's worth everything, when it's the right thing.
          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

When we live in a rural area driving is a must ,but then we don't live in a rat race of the city.

It is awesome you are doing so good in your therapy. I so believe the therapy is what we need to gain the strength back and to progress so we can move forward.

Way to work hard good luck
            JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Keep up the great work!!

Comment

Stay positive !!! Make every therapy session a good one.

Comment

Change that word Therapy to Training. For me, it just makes me work harder when I'm in training.

Way to go girl, go get 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBeara91 View Post
                    Driving is almost a requiremet for someone like me..the price you pay for living in a rural community Its not bad though gives me time to think. Today's therapy session went great! I actually got up on the elliptical..its a special one of course but it works. It feels good to be doing some exercises upright! Thanks for the support!
                    And the crowd ROARS! Way to go SaraBeara91! Team CareCure is rooting you on. When you struggle, when it's harder than usual, when it hurts almost more than you can bear - listen for the roar.

Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Comment

I am so thankful that Ryan's doctor has seen the benefits of Ryan's therapy for himself. He renews Ryan's PT script every six weeks, no qualms at all. Ryan's therapist has learned to give the insurance company the right language in progress reports to keep them approving it.

Some people do not make progress on a steady progression. They do it more like stair steps. Just when you think things have gotten where they are going to get, a huge jump takes place. Ryan's therapist has documented this in his case notes and his doctor has been more than willing to fight the insurance company for therapy the one time that there was not measurable progress in the review period. Two weeks later, a HUGE jump too place and Ryan was able to roll himself over for the first time. the insurance company has agreed to evaluate him over a longer period of time than is their norm. They deal mostly with injuries that recover quickly or do not recover at all. It is as if they really don't care if you get better or if you die, just do it in a timely manner.

Keep up the fight. Living in the sticks is worth the trade off. I would not trade the 20 minute drive to the nearest store for all the hassles of the city. Well maybe public transportation or natural gas availability would be worth it, no, don't think so.--eak
                      Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
                      mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
                      Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

Comment

Working...
                      X