Return after almost 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return after almost 6 years

So I was injured March 2005, and on Fri I was swimming and all of a sudden I had dorsi flexion on my rt side which I haven't had for almost 6 years, and I could feel my right calf again! After last month with my neuro at Hopkins telling me that my legs are getting worse and it's the natural preogression of my injury, ha ha shows what they know in doctor land of" you have evything you'r gonna get back in 2 years and then your in the maintenice stage of the 3 pahses of sci " All I can say is WOW......Happy Happy Joy Joy

Awesome news. I hope you get much more.

Comment

That is absolutely wonderful, 05survivor.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Good to hear! Keep working with the new function to make it stronger.

Eric Harness, CSCS
          Founder/President
          Neuro Ex, Inc
          Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Great News...just goes to show....Don't listen to "them" LOL I heard that three stage tune before too.

Keep working at it!
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Super Man!

Keep moving!

I'm experiencing the same!! Downhill skiing does it!!

Pat

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck with continued return. Hope is good.

Jeff
                Doh!

Comment

Congratulations. That is great.
                  Daniel

Comment

Thanks everyone I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

Comment

Originally posted by 05survivor View Post
                      So I was injured March 2005, and on Fri I was swimming and all of a sudden I had dorsi flexion on my rt side which I haven't had for almost 6 years, and I could feel my right calf again! After last month with my neuro at Hopkins telling me that my legs are getting worse and it's the natural preogression of my injury, ha ha shows what they know in doctor land of" you have evything you'r gonna get back in 2 years and then your in the maintenice stage of the 3 pahses of sci " All I can say is WOW......Happy Happy Joy Joy

what are the 3 phases? and I was injured ten years ago-return stopped after several years and then two months ago some more sensation came back...
                      "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Comment

Apparently according to the docs we have three phases of our injuries. Acute restoration, maintenence,and decline. Acute first 2 years, although I think that this one could be diff for diff people, maintenence 15-20, and finally decline, which occurs in ab as well as sci, but presents and declines much quicker in SCI than ab.

Comment

still waiting for my dorsi flexion to wake up
                          c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Comment

I dont know truthfully about the Decline phase area kind of a grey margin to me as I hope that one will regain some motor function and increased sensations etc...

I hope Dr's or who ever put these labels on the 3 phases realizes that Any progress is good news and this inspires many of us to keep on Beleiving in something ( Hope )

Comment

Originally posted by 05survivor View Post
                              Apparently according to the docs we have three phases of our injuries. Acute restoration, maintenence,and decline. Acute first 2 years, although I think that this one could be diff for diff people, maintenence 15-20, and finally decline, which occurs in ab as well as sci, but presents and declines much quicker in SCI than ab.
                              According to my doctor, it is the lack of excercise that allow the muscles to lose its fiber.

For those of us with SCI, degenerative process (muscles deterioration) is more pronounced than those with out the injury.

A life time commitment to excercise and overall fitness is key.

Comment

Working...
                              X