Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUADS! What Type of Free Weights are You Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerkens View Post
    those haulin hooks work like a charm..for any pulling exercises (lats, rows) but yet to find a way to hold a 25lbs+ weight on my shitty hand
    Yep, my problem too. I think I'll be hitting Home Depot here soon and build my own weight strap rig. If I figure something out, I'll share and our muscles will be beging for mercy. muahahahahahaaaaaaaa...! I hope anyway. I want some sexy muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by jerkens View Post
      those haulin hooks work like a charm..for any pulling exercises (lats, rows) but yet to find a way to hold a 25lbs+ weight on my shitty hand
      Just got some Haulin Hooks in the mail today. LOVE them! I've been following this thread for couple days now. They work great for any pull exercises. Could only do 110 because the 210 I didn't have any GOOD way to hold on to the 210. Now I can do the 210 with not much trouble at all and pull my chair with brakes on. They WORK. 3 x 15 reps on each exercise that I do. Then moved to dumbbells which I couldn't do at all. Haulin Hooks are great!

Comment

interesting as i have been trying to find a way to do these weight machines but i just cant grip the handles.

but the big question is: has anyone used a shake weight?
        "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
        http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Depending on your level of injury Cryptic . I'm an C5 function around C7 on left side. Can't make a fist with my right hand due to trauma or bend at any joints other then the top knuckles. I have complete bi and tri function on both sides. If you are not able to post/put your hand above your head without your arm falling It wouldn't be worth the money. I don't know though but maybe.
          I have heard that the shake weight really goes off of your gripping ability to help contract those muscles. I still think they would still work well with good hand function or not!

I should make a trip to the store tomorrow and try a shake weight out, I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by zwthomp View Post
            Depending on your level of injury Cryptic . I'm an C5 function around C7 on left side. Can't make a fist with my right hand due to trauma or bend at any joints other then the top knuckles. I have complete bi and tri function on both sides. If you are not able to post/put your hand above your head without your arm falling It wouldn't be worth the money. I don't know though but maybe.
            I have heard that the shake weight really goes off of your gripping ability to help contract those muscles. I still think they would still work well with good hand function or not!

I should make a trip to the store tomorrow and try a shake weight out, I'll let you know how it goes!
            yea that'd be great. despite the innuendos one can make with that thing (the infomercial does not help at all) an AB i met said she had used it and it did feel like it was doing some work
            "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
            http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Sry guys. I didn't get the time to use try out the shake weight today. The weather was to NICE!! 74 here today!! Can't wait till summer hits! I'll do my best in getting it done tomorrow!

Comment

OK....so here is the low down on the shake weight. No the shake weight will not work for us quads UNLESS you get some type of glove to wrap your fingers around it. I can grip a little with my left hand but not at all with my right. Shake weight didn't work for me even with the little left hand grip. Would work great for a Para though! The shake weight is 19.95 and 2.5 lbs. Sry to bust the bubble but it's something that I wouldn't buy!

Comment

Go to target! They have these weights that have a hole you slip your thumb in and then wrapp around with your teeth
                  Www.rachellefriedman.com

Follow me on Facebook at
                  www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

Follow me on twitter at
                  www.twitter.com/followrachelle

Www.wheelstrong.com

sigpic

Comment

active Hands here again. I bought the Haulin Hooks recommended here to see what they are like. They are well made and really strong butas they are not designed for use for someone with porr hand function they were not quite right for the job. If you are lifting massive weights they will be brilliant but you could not lift a smaller dumbell over your head for example or use them to do verticle arm lifts or any other lift where you need the stability of the weight in your hand for safety. I am not knocking the haulin hook sat all and I understand that it may seem like I am very biased as we are selling the active hands grips but I am a quad wanting to get the most out of weight training and I will always use Active Hands grips as they are the best for people with reduced hand function. I would love somone independent who has used them to review on here as we are always looking for feedback and ways to inprove but we stand by our products and I don't think there is anything as good on the market.
                    Rob.
                    Rob Smith
                    C5/6 incomplete SCI
                    Founder of Active Hands gripping aids. Improving independence for people with weak hand function.

Comment

Working...
                    X