Protein Shake = Diarrhea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Shake = Diarrhea?

I was drinking protein shakes on a regular basis for over a year. I could no longer buy the brand of shake that I wanted (Extreme from Germany) and bought one from Costco. It is 100% Whey Isolate. After a few weeks my stool got softer and softer. Has this happened to you? Can I take anything with my shake to prevent this? Thanks
    Never Give Up!

check for sugar alcohol and or high fat content.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Yeah, sugar alcohol can be a big problem in protein bars, too.
      "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

yup jb, thats why they taste good. says right on them may cause diarhea
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com

Comment

My digestive system hates me so here's what I use. Tastes more delicious than...well, anything.

Good price here too.

http://www.nuvalife.com/p9861/SDC-Nu...ter-2-lbs.html

Ingredients: Cold Pressure Ultra Micro-filtered Whey Isolate. Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia.
          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Check for artificial sweeteners, too. They cause problems.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I was just researching protien, Idk what to buy, I'd rather not use it for weight management, gaining or loosing (of course losing a few wouldn't hurt) but just needing more protien in my diet. What do you all suggest I know I've seen a lot of your posts suggesting sytha6.. I didn'tknow if it was best for women also?
              I have more to claim.
              I have to fight through the hard places
              to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

Comment

Others are more knowledgeable but here's what I know.

1) Go with protein isolate
                2) Go with something with no/low carbs
                3) Get something that dissolves well in anything and everything
                4) Have it sweetened naturally - my choice is stevia

My post below (or above) is for About Time protein which comes in flavors that will blow your mind. Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Roll, Ice Cream Sandwich, I will never buy another brand.

Comment

I use GNC whey and my brother gets it for me with his gold card at the store they have recently expired containers for only $20. at GNC stores that were regular price $39. up to $59.. I love all the flavors they have....

Comment

See my ex always had the gnc whey, but I went in with a friend that was a girl and the lady had her change over to a different protient shake b/c the gnc whey was more benificial for a guy that was looking for protein for working out.
                    I have more to claim.
                    I have to fight through the hard places
                    to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

Comment

optimum nutrition gold standard

syntha 6

you want whey pre/post workout and casein for bed. im not a fan of soy at all.
                      Last edited by fuentejps; 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by drew82586 View Post
                        See my ex always had the gnc whey, but I went in with a friend that was a girl and the lady had her change over to a different protient shake b/c the gnc whey was more benificial for a guy that was looking for protein for working out.
                        Drew,

Here is a website called bodybuilding.com. Don't let the name turn you off. I just came across it. This page will explain to you the different types of protein etc. They are not advocating one over another really. But it might give you some ideas. I tend to go with what Nodecafplz ( i think thats your name) sorry. I have been drinking soy protein for years and years. Have a look, maybe it can help you decide what's best for you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/perfectprotein.htm

they of course sell things, but they discuss all protein drink sources as I say. Hope it is alright to post a website that also sells products. I'm not sure. If not, sorry. i don't buy from there, I just thought it might help you.
                        Last edited by marycsm77; 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey taste great. I drink it in the morning instead of chocolate milk. In the afternoons I got tired of plain water, lemonade, coke etc. so I mix their Amin.O. Energy with my water, it taste good too. I also take their Opti-Men multivitamin and they have an Opti-Woman multivitamin as well. I get it all from bodybuilding.com
                          Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
                          Pete C6/'97

Comment

Well, in that case, get your ass over here! LOL!

Seriously, the jury is out about the possible benefits/issues with women taking soy protein. I think it might be relative to stages of life but I'm not certain. You look hot so I'm thinking no worries just yet. (Lick)

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                            Drew,

Here is a website called bodybuilding.com. Don't let the name turn you off. I just came across it. This page will explain to you the different types of protein etc. They are not advocating one over another really. But it might give you some ideas. I tend to go with what Nodecafplz ( i think thats your name) sorry. I have been drinking soy protein for years and years. Have a look, maybe it can help you decide what's best for you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/perfectprotein.htm

they of course sell things, but they discuss all protein drink sources as I say. Hope it is alright to post a website that also sells products. I'm not sure. If not, sorry. i don't buy from there, I just thought it might help you.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                              Well, in that case, get your ass over here! LOL!

Seriously, the jury is out about the possible benefits/issues with women taking soy protein. I think it might be relative to stages of life but I'm not certain. You look hot so I'm thinking no worries just yet. (Lick)
                              um thank you, I think. Your avatar shows you to be quite attractive as well. However, I'm not "swimming in the lady pond" as they say, so I'm not sure about this.

Comment

Working...
                              X