No announcement yet.

1st day on the slopes yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked that google map of the condo. That is awesome. It is so nice to not have to use your car on a ski vacation.

Comment

Hey Brian, where's the helmet!!? I have whacked my head a couple of times.
      Adaptive Sports Forums.com
      http://adaptivesportsforums.com
      Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Last weekend was the first time I went out completely on my own. Here are some pics...

Comment

Originally posted by My395 View Post
          Hey Brian, where's the helmet!!? I have whacked my head a couple of times.
          I was wondering the same thing.
          L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

+1 on the helmet! It's a must have!

Comment

395 - is that a HOC monoski? I also wonder what outriggers those are? Mammoth must have a huge base.

Comment

Yes, it is a HOC. I like it. My other choice was going to be a Nissin but ended up going for the rig I had a chance to at least sit in before buying.

Outriggers are HOC as well. They don't have different positions like the superlite riggers. I added some tabs on the side to help hold me forward for unloading. My addition is pretty hack but works until I get something better.

Lots of good snow in Mammoth. I hope to go out again next week.

I was hoping to get up your way soon for a lesson with Bill Bowness but it did not come together with work and my wife getting schedule for some minor knee surgery tomorrow.

Comment

Helmet ? East of Colorado ? What for?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjt8 View Post
                    Helmet ? East of Colorado ? What for?
                    agreed. i dont wear one either. NOT WHERE I SKI.

my395, fuckin sweet. love the HOC
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I was skiing in Virginia when my SCI occurred. A helmet would've helped me. Would it have prevented the SCI? I don't know, but I have three big scars from lacerations on my head. I have no recollection of that night, and I'm pretty sure a concussion is classified as a mild TBI. Just saying.

I was skiing w/ my roommate at the time... he's from Colorado & he always wore a helmet... the ski patrol at the resort my accident occurred at made fun of him for it. East coast mentality about helmets is plain stupid.

Comment

Helmets are expensive. Plus, I need that money to support my meth habit. And If I don't have my meth my 3 whores will leave me. Guys, I've got a lifestyle to maintain here.

I did whack my head really hard once skiing in Utah so I'm well aware of the need. And that was on the bunny hill, which is twice as long and steep as any of the runs I ski here. I'm not saying I don't need a helmet, it's just hard to justify the cost when I could probably wheel up the hill as fast as the chairlift can carry me.

For those of you who have one - Is the HOC and Prasch really that much of an improvement over an RPC for a very recreational skier? Is it really worth an extra $2k? My problem is there's nowhere to try an HOC or Prasch around here. And there's the meth, so....

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                          Helmets are expensive. Plus, I need that money to support my meth habit. And If I don't have my meth my 3 whores will leave me. Guys, I've got a lifestyle to maintain here.

I did whack my head really hard once skiing in Utah so I'm well aware of the need. And that was on the bunny hill, which is twice as long and steep as any of the runs I ski here. I'm not saying I don't need a helmet, it's just hard to justify the cost when I could probably wheel up the hill as fast as the chairlift can carry me.

For those of you who have one - Is the HOC and Prasch really that much of an improvement over an RPC for a very recreational skier? Is it really worth an extra $2k? My problem is there's nowhere to try an HOC or Prasch around here. And there's the meth, so....
                          .... and the whores!!!!!!

Comment

I skiied for years before my SCI without a helmet. Never even thought of using one. Thought the people that did were pussies!!! Well now that I am in a chair and have seen that I am not invincible..... I've changed my way of thinking. When I finally do hit the hill sittin' down I'll be wearing one for sure. LIFE CAN CHANGE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. Mine is worth more than the cost of a helmet. I'm just sayin'!!! To each his own!!!!

Comment

i wouldn't even consider NOT wearing a helmet, now it may not keep me from breaking my neck, but my brain still might function. the one "big" crash i had when the ski popped off my bucket, i flipped forward and smacked my head on ground, no doubt it would've been bad without a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                                simple solution, put the whores to work for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X