c5 transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c5 transfers

hey, still tryin to trnsfer myself,,, the therapist i talked to said i needed to lock my elbows, but i cnt ......could any quads tranfer without lockin? i 5hink i trired everything to straighten them... any suggestions or thouts are welcome.... thanks
    "With my lightnin' bolts a glowin'
    I can see where I am goin' to be
    when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand."

Woody, have you tried using a good transfer board? I use this type of board http://www.ultraslick.com/ because when your transferring, your up against much less friction than you would have with a normal wooden board. You can also order a board with a third hand hold to aid your transfer technique.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-13-2010, 05:56 AM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
      hey, still tryin to trnsfer myself,,, the therapist i talked to said i needed to lock my elbows, but i cnt ......could any quads tranfer without lockin? i 5hink i trired everything to straighten them... any suggestions or thouts are welcome.... thanks
      1st off your pt is an idiot. i do all my own transfers w/out locking my elbows. im giuessing you use a board.

check out my car transfer videos.

u have to be strong thou
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I never could get enough height to do it, even with locking my elbows. I have used a lift practically from day one. My shoulders are now in bad enough shape that I would have had to quit eventually.
        Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Working...
        X