Project Walk will be on CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Walk will be on CNN

CNN will be doing doing a story on Project Walk and one of our clients on Monday 5/10. It will air at 6am, 8am and 10pm EST.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

The story was bumped to Tuesday same times.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

Thanks for the update. I looked for it last night to record and couldn't find it.
      FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

Comment

anderson cooper 360 is on at 10 pm...is it part of that?
        - Rolling Thru Life -

Comment

Supposedly, yes.

Eric Harness, CSCS
          Founder/President
          Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

Here is the weblink from this morning:

http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/1...iref=allsearch

Eric Harness, CSCS
            Founder/President
            Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

i give a one thumbs up but its hopeless for the majority... great for those that have a great chance of walking...
              life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

Comment

As has been said before repeatedly, it is not just or all about walking... it is about regaining function below your level. Whether that is increasing core strength so you can sit up straighter or easing your ability to transfer, or leg strength so that you might be able to stand on your own.

The news always loves to make it "sensational" i.e. just about walking.

Eric Harness, CSCS
                Founder/President
                Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
                  As has been said before repeatedly, it is not just or all about walking...

The news always loves to make it "sensational" i.e. just about walking.
                  obviously its not just the news feeding fire, your Client Kendall says she'll walk again also.

it is important for strength, overall health. too bad that cant be the focus of our news, plus working towards cure.

Comment

A little bit more from Kendall, web only from AC360

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/1...tient-miracle/

Eric Harness, CSCS
                    Founder/President
                    Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

I thought Dr Sanjay Gupta was awesome reporting in the studio after the Project Walk video aired, describing in detail incomplete sci ect. very comprehensive. And the value of exercise. Great National attention! would be great to find that video!

Comment

I missed the recorded part but did see Sanjay. Thought it was interesting how he treaded around the issues of hope and the chances of recovery. Mike
                        T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

Comment

The problem I have with Project Walk is that their services are only available to rich folks who can afford them. It's a shame that everyone can't get the level of PT they offer and have it covered by their insurance companies. IMO, this just represents one more example of injustice and inequity in this world. Too bad CNN didn't discuss it from that angle.
                          "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Injustice and inequity Danine?

Did you lobby your insurance carrier for funds to pay for PW?
                            Have you done any fundraisers to help pay the cost?
                            Applied for grants? Scholarships? Tried to negotiate?
                            Asked for PW donations?
                            Do you have a job?

If you made EVERY effort to figure out how to pay for the PW program and were denied entry you might have a point on injustice. If you or another sci patient were given too very different rate quotes for the PW program then you could claim unequal opportunity or in your terms; inequity.

However, to simply get angry about how a business markets itself, the fees they charge and the clientele they typically attract is short-sighted. Just like you don't have to buy an $80,000 car to get you from point A to B you don't have to attend PW to glean (from this forum) helpful workout / strength / conditioning tips for yourself virtually for free.

I understand what you're saying but PW is a good program and is a business with employees, overhead, expenses, etc. It's not for everyone but it certainly, at least from my experience when they were just starting, isn't an elitist only environment. In fact, just the opposite. My advice, lobby your insurance carrier.

Onward and upward,

Chris

Comment

chris,
                              i think danine was saying that insurance companies should cover PW expenses.i have paid out of pocket for my son to attend PW and it was money well spent.my son has attended both in and out patient rehab that was covered by insurance,both were a waste of time and whatever money insurance reimbursed them.

Comment

Working...
                              X