I think I'm finally getting it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm finally getting it!

I've been working out and changing my lifestyle as a 'New Years Resolution' and as of today, I've lost 19.4lbs. I wish it would come off faster, but it's coming off and that's the important part. I've done this resolution many times and have failed every year by February. I think with the help and support and encouragement from you guys on this forum have really truly helped me stick to it this time! THANK YOU!

I still have a ways to go but am now more determined than ever because I now it's possible to do this. I have about 62 more lbs I want and need to lose and feel I will eventually reach my goal!

So if you are like me and you have tried resolution after resolution, don't give up. Keep trying and eventually it will click, but it takes hard work and commitment and support!!

Anyone else have any good resolutions continuing??
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

I am doing the same, more diet than exercise. The exercise part I will work on harder in future the just not yet.

I bought an app for my iPod Touch that is a calorie counter from livestrong.com. It helps keep me honest and keep the calories down. It is quick n easy and has a boatload of foods in it's database, I have not found an item yet that is not in it.

Keep it up and nice work.

BTW, I made some killer bone in pork chops on my new cast iron grate grill this weekend, gotta love it...

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
      I am doing the same, more diet than exercise. The exercise part I will work on harder in future the just not yet.

I bought an app for my iPod Touch that is a calorie counter from livestrong.com. It helps keep me honest and keep the calories down. It is quick n easy and has a boatload of foods in it's database, I have not found an item yet that is not in it.

Keep it up and nice work.

BTW, I made some killer bone in pork chops on my new cast iron grate grill this weekend, gotta love it...
      You keep up the great work too!! Thanks!! I'll tell ya though, do what you can exercise wise, no matter how little! I am to the point in my 'Lifestyle Change' that my day is not complete without a work out. Working out makes me feel better physically and mentally. The first month was HARD, now it's as routine as brushing your teeth in the morning!

I did chops last night for dinner on the CI grates too, along with some chicken breast for lunches this week.
      Larry
      ------

Comment

congrats and keep up the great work!!!

Comment

That is fantastic! you should be proud of yourself.
          (The trouble is, I found those pounds ):
          Keep up the good work. Grilling those chicken breasts to take to work is smart.
          We used to do that too.

Comment

We adjusted our eating, kind of like weight watcher style. I got weighed in March at my Baclofen pump refill, I had lost 10lbs, my wife is down like 18-20.

I bought a Vitaglide too, been hitting it everyday. Usually only in short spurts though, nothing like your hour a day stuff. But I feel better.
            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Congrats! Loosing weight in a chair is no easy feat. Your post gave me some fresh inspiration. I had been thinking that today should be "D-day" after a weekend of eating way too much of all the wrong foods, so I am going to give it a shot too.

Comment

Fantastic! That's more than a pound a week, super by any standard.

I'm committed to the same thing, about 17 pounds so far. I'm using Fitday PC to track calories and fat grams, and training for my first triathlon.

Comment

good job, you guys! the next step is to quit having it be a "diet" and move on to it being a "lifestyle" you are well on your way - Garro.
                  Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                    good job, you guys! the next step is to quit having it be a "diet" and move on to it being a "lifestyle" you are well on your way - Garro.
                    EXACTLY Steve!!!

I still eat pretty much whatever I want, but half or less of what I normally would. We still order pizza once a week, I still have a few beers on the weekends, etc. As you said, it's a 'Lifestyle'.
                    Larry
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMan View Post
                      EXACTLY Steve!!!

I still eat pretty much whatever I want, but half or less of what I normally would. We still order pizza once a week, I still have a few beers on the weekends, etc. As you said, it's a 'Lifestyle'.
                      .......Sound good to me, Man! one thing that i am finding out as an SCI is that *timing* meals is very important........i can eat a pretty hearty B-fast {2 eggs, a potato fried, toast, pico} and a small lunch {yoghurt + granola lately - i like sardines too :] ....} but a big dinner does not sit very well at all - YRMV - Garro.
                      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
                        .......Sound good to me, Man! one thing that i am finding out as an SCI is that *timing* meals is very important........i can eat a pretty hearty B-fast {2 eggs, a potato fried, toast, pico} and a small lunch {yoghurt + granola lately - i like sardines too :] ....} but a big dinner does not sit very well at all - YRMV - Garro.
                        I've got breakfast during the week down pat, I love it, it's not boring (yet) and it satisfies me until lunch. I eat 1 cup of steel cut oats, with 1 packet of sweet n low, about 1TBS raisins, lil cinnamon. I eat that for the good carbs, fiber, etc. and then I have 2 hard boiled eggs for the protein. I've eaten this for every weekday morning for the past 4 months and actually look forward to it everyday! LOL When I'm home, I'll have something similar.

Lunch is a grilled chicken breast sandwich on multigrain bread or multigrain wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and either mustard or hot sauce. Other times I'll get Chinese and order 'steamed' chicken with mixed vegetables with Hunan sauce on the side, and I use probably about 2 TBS of the sauce versus how it's normally served drowing in the sauce.

Ride home from work (pre-work out snack) is either a couple cheese sticks, granola or Kashi bar, generally around 200 calories for the work out and to hold me over until dinner.

Then like you, I eat a light dinner, I hate going to bed full.

I also drink water constantly!
                        Larry
                        ------

Comment

The first day of my lifestyle change found me on a street with a pizza parlor. I resisted, but the smells nearly drove me crazy. Now I am home, and someone on my floor is cooking heaven knows what, but it involves garlic and something savory and delicious. The nose knows what the body really wants, even if I have been "good" for all of 10 hours.

Comment

great man. its all lifestyle. hope you are supplementing. good multi pack, protein shakes, amini acid complex for good measure

also for us married guys, it is so nice when your wife is your training partner.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                              great man. its all lifestyle. hope you are supplementing. good multi pack, protein shakes, amini acid complex for good measure

also for us married guys, it is so nice when your wife is your training partner.
                              Dude, I would love that.......I bought her a treadmill for Christmas 5 years ago and she's been on it MAYBE 5 TIMES. I'm totally serious, 5 times. Her idea of exercising is coming home and sleeping on the couch. She works part time, comes home and takes a nap almost everyday. She's not fat at all, but she does have diabetes so I do encourage the heck out of her to get on the boat with me as it woul help her health in the long run. She has no drive or desire for exercise or that other thing um what's it called? Begins with an S and ends with a X, the word seems foreign to me............
                              Larry
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X