Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cardio timing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    cardio timing

    ok so i average around 1.5 hrs 5x week of cardio. i do it all at once. i have read a few articles saying that breaking it up burns more, like 45 am 45 pm. your thjoughts
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

    #2
    Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
    ok so i average around 1.5 hrs 5x week of cardio. i do it all at once. i have read a few articles saying that breaking it up burns more, like 45 am 45 pm. your thjoughts
    I found a little article that might help you.


    If you're like most of us, you loathe the 30 or 40 minutes you spend "humpin"' it on the treadmill or stationary bike in an effort to shed that bodyfat. Most gyms have stepped up to the plate to help prevent your boredom by offering a multitude of television monitors, music programs and even internet access at cardio stations. Yet, in spite of the distractions, you still have to do the time. You know the rule: Long drawn-out bouts of moderate cardio are best for burning bodyfat. Or are they? According to new research, you may be able to forgo that never-ending cardio trek and opt for several short bouts instead. They appear to burn the same number of calories and the same amount of fat, but short bouts feel easier and may even be better for keeping the fat off of your svelte physique.

    Stop-and-Go Cardio

    Scientists wanted to know if there was any difference between the effect of one long bout of aerobic exercise and three short bouts on perceived effort, calories burned and fat burned. They also wanted to test the ability of the exercise to help subjects metabolize a high-fat meal eaten 12 hours later. So they had male and female subjects perform either a 30-minute treadmill run at 80% of their max heart rate or three 10-minute bouts of running at the same intensity, separated by 20-minute rest periods. They discovered no difference between the total calories burned or the amount of fat burned, but the intermittent bouts felt much easier than the continuous run. What's more, they found that the short bouts significantly lowered the amount of fat that showed up in the subjects' blood after eating the high-fat meal. This means that short, multiple bouts of cardio may help you store less dietary fat and better protect you from cardiovascular disease.
    "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

    Comment


      #3
      yo kelly, the article i read was similiar.

      how are you, training hard still. im hitting it harder than ever. i commited to 2 marathons next year,, and picked up a few big supp sponsors.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

      Comment


        #4
        I do 40 min 3 x week, walking cardio on a steep incline, 15%grade, and jump straight to doing abs. Training buddy Mike and I lift INTENSLY, short rest periods of 90 seconds to keep our heart rate up. We are usually out in 90 min.

        how ya doin, Kelly?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          yo kelly, the article i read was similiar.

          how are you, training hard still. im hitting it harder than ever. i commited to 2 marathons next year,, and picked up a few big supp sponsors.
          What racing chair are you going with?

          B

          Comment


            #6
            handcycling brock
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

            Comment


              #7
              Sweet- what bike u got?

              Comment


                #8
                right now and throughout summer was using a xlt pro, getting ready to buy one this winter. either freedom rider or top end force. season is over now here. been focusing on endurance currently and getting ready to run a bulker. the 2 marathons im doing are late summer then early fall. i'll begin training again on the bike early spring.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

                Comment


                  #9
                  fuente, pumping iron,
                  I have heard the same thing. There is no real benefit to doing it all in one shot. What ever it takes to get the time in is good. What ever works for your schedule. I bet they are not that dissimilar as to calories burned, fat burned. It all boils down to the end of the day - how many calories eaten versus how many calories burned that day.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                    yo kelly, the article i read was similiar.

                    how are you, training hard still. im hitting it harder than ever. i commited to 2 marathons next year,, and picked up a few big supp sponsors.
                    You got some supplement sponsors thats sweet. What do you get from them? Ya still working out hard but have a tendon injury in my bicep so i have to watch it and make sure i dont make it worse. Hope things are going good with you.
                    "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                    Arnold Schwarzenegger

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by arndog View Post
                      fuente, pumping iron,
                      I have heard the same thing. There is no real benefit to doing it all in one shot. What ever it takes to get the time in is good. What ever works for your schedule. I bet they are not that dissimilar as to calories burned, fat burned. It all boils down to the end of the day - how many calories eaten versus how many calories burned that day.
                      Ya i agree it depends on how many calories eaten and then burned at the end of the day. I do cardio for 30 min in the morning and then again later in the day but it depends on how i'm feeling.
                      "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                      Arnold Schwarzenegger

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
                        I do 40 min 3 x week, walking cardio on a steep incline, 15%grade, and jump straight to doing abs. Training buddy Mike and I lift INTENSLY, short rest periods of 90 seconds to keep our heart rate up. We are usually out in 90 min.

                        how ya doin, Kelly?
                        I'm doing good brock thanks for asking just been busy with the new house and bought another car and put my little honda civic in the shop to get the motor done. When its done it will be around 500hp she will be fast. Hope everything is good with you.
                        "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
                        Arnold Schwarzenegger

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X