Quad friendly Wii games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad friendly Wii games?

For Christmas this year our family decided not to get each other presents and instead we all chip in and buy the Nintendo Wii and I've been playing it all the time ever since. So far the only games I can play without having to continuously hit or hold down buttons is tennis and baseball so I was wondering before I go out and buy any more games what games everyone here has found that do not require you to press a button while you play?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

With practice and some ingenuiety you can play golf, box and bowl..

I have Tiger Woods '08 and it's great! Just got Mario at the Olympics and I can do most, not all..

Always go to Blockbuster and rent before you buy.. just to make sure.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Search on here. There are a few threads.

Comment

Mario Baseball works!
        Dave
        C5/C6 complete
        http://www.davegrotzinger.com
        http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

we skiing by namco, my fine man. best wii game for quads ever.
          May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

Originally posted by JAYCUE View Post
            Search on here. There are a few threads.
            I can do that but I think a central location to find games would be better.

As far as bowling goes, how do you play it when you can press a button? I was thinking of designing something that we can put in our mouths that would plug right into the controller to press and release theB button underneath the controller. If anyone else here is good with electronics, let me know and maybe we can put something together.
            C-5/6, 7-9-2000
            Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

Originally posted by rybread View Post

As far as bowling goes, how do you play it when you can press a button?
              I'm at an advantage having had tendon transfer but I think if you take a partial Ace bandage, you can hold the controller like in pic 1...

In pic 2 use your left thumb to hold the B button and flick the controller upwards and then let go. With practice you can throw very hard or send it down the lane slowly.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

- Shaun White Roadtrip Snowboarding (only requires Wii remote; need to press A or B to do certain tricks but most moves can be done by moving remote; excellent game with lots to explore)

- Carnival Games (only requires Wii remote; some games require you to press A or B to shoot or launch but only one game requires constant pressure; most games can be played by moving remote; excellent game)

- Winter Olympics (requires Wii remote; some events require Wii remote and nunchuck; best events for quad hands are skiing, ski jumping and bobsledding; pressing buttons not necessary; excellent game and a good workout)

- Link's Crossbow (requires crossbow; shooting requires pressing trigger but with coordination this is easy)

Comment

Tip for golf: Tape down the A button. Doing so allows you to immediately "address the ball" without having to press and release. This works best playing with one person since playing with two requires you to press A to go to the next hole. The only downside is you can't take a practice swing.

Comment

my c-5/6 hubby sits on the wii fit thingy and "hula hoops" ---good for the trunk control!

Comment

Have you tried Wii Play? It has a collection of games like ping pong and air hockey that I don't think requires you to push any buttons to play.
                      Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
                        Tip for golf: Tape down the A button.
                        Just bump it with your chin or use your other hand. This way you can still practice swing.

Comment

Originally posted by rybread View Post
                          I can do that but I think a central location to find games would be better.
                          I'm not trying to bust balls but wouldn't it be better to add to an existing thread discussing this topic, rather than starting another thread? That way we could keep bumping the original?

Comment

Is there already an existing thread that discusses games for the wii that quads can use? If so I can't find it So starting this thread I think was a great idea I know it's helped me. Other threads have different titles so the subject of games for quads gets lost in the mix so once again thanks for everyone's ideas maybe this will be a good form of exercise for me
                            Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

I didn't know you could do the hula hooping from SITTING on the balance board! How does that work then?

This company sells a range of adaptive switches.

http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/index.htm

I have seen one for wii that is fitted to one forearm. There is also a DIY section (towards bottom of page) which tells you how to do stuff if you can get someone else to make adaptions for you.

I use an hair scrunchie wrapped around wii remote to keep it in my hand while I'm flinging arms around trying to play tennis.. lol and just use thumb of other hand to hit top buttons.

You could use something like or sweat band or something if you don't possess an hair scrunchie? Make sure hand is in a position where you can move the B button with tiniest movement before you fasten it to your hand. Or by placing free hand under controller can push up against it to activate B button.

What about Mario Tennis if you like Tennis? or could you try use a steering wheel by propping it up on lap (on a wedge or something) and using forearms/elbows to move it left or right. Haven't tried this one so you might like to borrow a friends first see if it is possible and of course depends how much movement you have in arms.

Maybe possible for someone to mount the steering wheel onto something for you so could rest arms on it and turn left/right via tiny movements in forearms? All the buttons are then in centre so anything used as a pointer/mouthstick should enable you to hit any buttons needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X