No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the Y and swam for 45 minutes, then used the handbike for 20 minutes, and finally shot a couple baskets in the gym until my ride showed up to take me home.

Jessie

Comment

No exercise recently.
      Have some kind of low grade infection making me feverish and achy.
      I want to get into an exercise routine, but I'm so resistant to more pain!
      I feel awful and angry.
      The winter before my accident, I worked outside, in frigid weather, building a house-sized addition. I was strong and hearty. Now I'm un fit, permanently in a chair, and in continual pain.
      Should I exercise while I have this ailment ?
      Rich

Comment

Rich....its really good to see you posting again. Sorry for the cruddy infection, hope it goes away fast. How do you guys have the energy to exercise after a full day of work? Im dead by the time I get home. I walk at work, and leave the chair at home. Too many stairs to climb during the day...Maybe a change of diet is the key to a more enrgized body all day long? Hate energy drinks, think they do more harm than good.

Comment

Awesome photo, Arndog.
          Thanks Graybeard. Good to be back on the site more.
          Rich

Comment

75 min handcycle in garage avg hr 123
            60 min stationary bike
            60 min elliptical trainer avg hr 113
            Threw out rest of cake (see unhealthy food post)

Comment

10 min elliptical in harness - my power
              45 min strength training on nautalis machines
              10 min rowing machine

physio -worked on lengthening my stride, bringing my right hip up and stepping backward.
              I can walk forward several city blocks with a forearm crutch but cannot take 2 steps backwards. Does anyone else have that problem?
              C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

motomed 45min lower extremidity--------had some computer work to do for my grandpa i'll catch back up tomorrow. i've been doing the bioness outpatient along w/ the b.t.e. machine good thurrrrpy[therapy]
                Many Blessings,
                Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Comment

None today, I think i managed to get food poisoning

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAgain View Post
                    I can walk forward several city blocks with a forearm crutch but cannot take 2 steps backwards. Does anyone else have that problem?
                    Alex,
                    Yup. It is called not having hamstrings.
                    I have to swing my 'bad' leg back using my hips since my lack of hamstring doesn't allow me to move it back.

Today -
                    2 hours nordic sitsking
                    45 minutes snowshoeing

go josh a and cave...

Comment

I am leaving for Cuba in the morning. My exercise for the next week will be frolicking in the ocean, kayaking, swimming and unfortunately struggling through the sand.
                      also, possibly working on some bicep curls with those fruity drinks at the swim up bar.
                      Keep working everyone - I will have some catching up to do when I get back!
                      C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

45 minutes in the pool...stretching, PT routine, swimming.
                        "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Good job everyone !

Jon, nice pic ! I didn't take any pics of my tent while snow-camping that weekend unfortunately. What did you think of snowshoeing ?

New Year's Day went snowshoeing up to Red Lake Peak in the south Tahoe area and scrambled up to the summit: 4-5 miles / 1500' gain, class 2-3.

A couple who came up after me recommended I bring skis next time instead

The next day hiked into Lee Vining Canyon and toproped WI3 ice. Ooh, my calves and shoulders still hurt but the parts still seem to work Had to be very careful to keep my core warm and shake out cold fingers. Wish I'd gotten some pics, but it was windy and lightly snowing all day (heavily snowing on the hike out )

Comment

Originally posted by dunwawry View Post
                            DeadEye,
                            I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from them. Thank you so much!!!!

P.S. Just got a call from Caroline. I have all-day instruction set up with Stephen for next Saturday. I can't believe I am really going skiing!
                            Well? How'd it go?
                            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by rhyang View Post
                              Good job everyone !

Jon, nice pic ! I didn't take any pics of my tent while snow-camping that weekend unfortunately. What did you think of snowshoeing ?

New Year's Day went snowshoeing up to Red Lake Peak in the south Tahoe area and scrambled up to the summit: 4-5 miles / 1500' gain, class 2-3.

(picture)

A couple who came up after me recommended I bring skis next time instead

The next day hiked into Lee Vining Canyon and toproped WI3 ice. Ooh, my calves and shoulders still hurt but the parts still seem to work Had to be very careful to keep my core warm and shake out cold fingers. Wish I'd gotten some pics, but it was windy and lightly snowing all day (heavily snowing on the hike out )
                              Awesome rhyang...awesome awesome awesome. I have redialed my program to strengthen every flicker of return in me and have all my mountain pictures and memories as motivation.

In addition to intensifying my workout routine and fine tuning my supplements, I've had the opportunity to start training on the lokomat. It is an amazing machine, my legs have been absolutely spent after 1/2 hour on it and they go crazy with tone at night but I love it.

Yesterday, I walked my farthest distance since injury (2 1/2 years c5/6) with the walker, sat down for a bit, walked the same length again back to the chair - rested a bit more - then walked back again at which point my body contracted in one giant spasm. Granted, it was only 40' each way but it was a mountain for me.

(also thx to WFE's earlier advice that walking is the best exercise for walking. I'd gotten lazy that way and am now walking every chance I get and it is making a difference already.)

Comment

Where to start?
                                This thread gets me AMPED up.
                                Rhyang - great job ! Lee Vining Ice - I climbed there as a AB many times. It is a bit of a grunt just to get there over the giant talus.

I did well snowshoeing. I think one thing I have to solve is keeping my legs and feet warm, don't know if that is an issue for you. Is it?

Alpintalic - your post was exciting and I am glad you got that walk in . That is such good effort. That is what it is all about.

dunwawry - how did it go??
                                Go Danine and Alex - say hi to Fidel and his brother for me...

Today - day 2 nordic skiing. 2 hours sitskiing with Mark Wellman at Tahoe Donner. Then , I put on teleboots and skied upright (more like walked) on flats for 45 minutes. I looked very lame, because ... I am ... but it was so nice to be standing.
                                Here is an old shot of me ice climbing in the Telluride area....

Comment

Working...
                                X