No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 minutes spinning on the handbike with sprints. Spent about an hour on Uppertone hitting the Lats, shoulders and back. Keep it up Lamb. You have to start somewhere.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

Originally posted by kickinglamb View Post
      THIRD did my wrist exercises 50 for each wrist to keep my tenadisis grasp strong
      Do that, and you do it for yourself - for you.

Comment

My workout today was an hour of pilates in a private session with a great instructor.

Comment

I've been doing leg lifts (OUCH!!) laying on my back all last month & now for 45 minutes a day - or until I can't lift any longer - it's true what they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Comment

40 minutes on Saratoga Cycle and 1 hour Uppertone.
            "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

3.5hrs of singletrack on the one-off in Sedona with Darol Kubacz. nice to ride with someone! a mix of ledges, sand, washes with giant round boulders, steep steeps, traps & roots. & guess what, i forgot my camera.
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Today: 160 minutes on the phone to get my evil ex-wife to come over here and make Christmas cookies for me. Quite exhausting.

Comment

Leif, that is funny! I don't think you should eat those cookies. 30 minutes on Saratoga Cycle and 1 hr. with Uppertone. Shoulders and Lats.

The Dude

Comment

1 hour on Vitaglide.

The Dude

Comment

Just back from a 3-stage, two day tour (cycle race) in the Australian Alps. Womens fields continue to grow and this year they put on three grades so womens C grade for me - yah. Managed to stay with the bunch for most of the first stage - 75km with a couple of decent hills - until a 7km climb near the end. Managed 3rd place for the 2nd stage which was a 16km individual time trial. Day 2 was a 55km road race - first 20km fairly flat with a couple of sprints on offer, followed by 35km of climbing -Yikes! Won the sprints (yep, they even give us a green sprinters jersey, just like the pros) and then suffered all the way up the climb but finished. I'm pretty strong until the climbing gets above about 6% gradient and then I find the lack of leg strength really tells. Longer races are also a challenge as far as muscle fatigue and the B&B issues go - haven't really worked out a way around that yet. But its great to be out doing this stuff and to be able to turn around this morning and rattle of a 50km recovery ride I reckon I'm as fit as I've ever been.

Comment

35 minutes spinning on the handbike and hit the weights for an hour.

The Dude

Comment

Originally posted by live2ride View Post
                          Just back from a 3-stage, two day tour (cycle race) in the Australian Alps. Womens fields continue to grow and this year they put on three grades so womens C grade for me - yah. Managed to stay with the bunch for most of the first stage - 75km with a couple of decent hills - until a 7km climb near the end. Managed 3rd place for the 2nd stage which was a 16km individual time trial. Day 2 was a 55km road race - first 20km fairly flat with a couple of sprints on offer, followed by 35km of climbing -Yikes! Won the sprints (yep, they even give us a green sprinters jersey, just like the pros) and then suffered all the way up the climb but finished. I'm pretty strong until the climbing gets above about 6% gradient and then I find the lack of leg strength really tells. Longer races are also a challenge as far as muscle fatigue and the B&B issues go - haven't really worked out a way around that yet. But its great to be out doing this stuff and to be able to turn around this morning and rattle of a 50km recovery ride I reckon I'm as fit as I've ever been.
                          Congratulations!!

Comment

That is some serious cycling, live2ride! I spinned for 40 minutes with sprints every 5 minutes and hit the weights for about an hour.

The Dude

Comment

Finally I can post a workout. I had that palate surgery where they cut off my uvula 3 weeks ago and it put me on the sidelines. Well, it snow a foot and a half last night so I got to snow blow my driveway for an hour. It is like walking behind a grocery cart but tougher.
                              I waxed my skis and nordic skiing should open this week. Got the snowshoes ready too.
                              L2R - great job on the cycling
                              Sean P - you are very consistent - good work.
                              RHyang - it is dumping snow in the Sierra - I am ready for our monumental snowshoe rendezvous!
                              Katja - I was in Denver and Boulder last weekend - it was freezing....

Comment

Nice work everyone !

Saturday got out to Pinnacles again with a couple of buddies, one of whom got in his first leads on bolted routes -

I managed to lead a couple of 5.8's -

The rock there is weird, but beautiful .. it's not hard to imagine why it's part of the National Park system.

Jon, I've been looking at the weather forecasts with great happiness Sounds like another big storm is coming in over the weekend ! Let it snow !! You have my contact info.

Comment

Working...
                                X