What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danine - I AM keeping count. ! ! !
    AlexA - that was outdoor standing nordic skiing. I am very tentative. My speed is 1.8 mph - slow and can only go on flats. I have an AFO on one foot so I can't bring it forward. It is more for psychological reasons that I am doing it than for exercise.
    fuente - I use protein powder both soy and whey. Ca/ Vit D/ Co Q/ high grade fish oil, and that is it. Just trying to eat cleanly too. Tough at this time a year.

Comment

I go to the pool for an hour everyday...not today! Closed for Snow Emergency! - Eyes are getting a workout watching down from my window - all the stuck cars manouvering the expressway. When will people realize that there is no such thing as "All Season Tires" in a snowbelt!

Comment

7th day - week totals

Okay,
        Day 7 of posting
        60 min handcycle intervals [5min hard, 2 min rest] times 4 avg hr 133

Totals for the week - 11 hours aerobic split between handcycle (upper body) stationary bike, elliptical trainer, and nordic skiing.

Need to add strength training in there next week, more stretching and 'PT type' exercises that I need motivation to do.

I was crutch walking but with the snow and ice, I am pretty much shut down for now....

For those new to intervals, here is a graph of 4 five minute intervals with 2 min of rest between. When you do these, you want to leave nothing on the table for the efforts, they are all out. So I end up doing 20 minutes of quality work but psychologically it is easier with the 2 min. breaks.... try it, you'll like it !

Comment

I wheeled about 4 blocks in the snow to the grocery store and wheeled back. Took me about an hour, due to the snow being so deep here in WA. Dang, that burned up quite a bit of calories, pushing my chair with all my might through patches of snow that were not cleared off the sidewalk.

Most of the time, though, I go to the Y and swim or work out in the weight room.

Comment

Fuente, paratrooper, alex, jessie and those who are doing something but not posting it - Nice. Feel the energy
            Today -
            1 hr stationary bike
            .5 hr elliptical
            45 min - PT type stuff, stretching, supermans, lateral leg raise theraband stretch - sort of boring but important to do.... I can do these in bed...

Comment

25 minutes on stationary recumbent (sp?) bike before overheating....

Does anyone have any tricks for staying cool while exercising...I overheat very rapidly and very severely (I have MS-like issues). I'd like to add some non-pool-related aerobic activity, but have not been successful because of the overheating. Thanks.
              "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

go to Target and buy a 10 dollar fan by Lasko..... A must for indoor exercising....

Comment

This thread has nice energy!
                  I have been studying. I haven't been exercising.
                  Now, the studying is over. I'm depressed.
                  I will go find some weights and see what I can do.
                  Thanks for the motivation!
                  Rich

Comment

Rich - we want a detailed report about lifting weights.....
                    I got to do the same thing.....report to follow...
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pararich View Post
                      This thread has nice energy!
                      I have been studying. I haven't been exercising.
                      Now, the studying is over. I'm depressed.
                      I will go find some weights and see what I can do.
                      Thanks for the motivation!
                      Start with bands. I use bands for my arm workout and they work really
                      well. I used to think that they were only for people who've never lifted,
                      but I was wrong. Even the bodybuilders use them at my gym.

Comment

30 min - handcycling avg hr 120 bpm steady pace
                        30 min - circuit training lifting with 17 y/o son - too much fun. bi, tri, chest, dip , 30 pullups, woodchoppers, reverse flys with cable

Buck N. - the humble band can be great work. Good job But there is no 'clanking' sound of manly metal with bands !

Comment

arnog,
                          I did curls with 10 lb weights. I don't know what people call this other thing- upper arm above head, bend arm at elbow (10 lb)..
                          I put a pillow on a table, leaned forward, put my head on the pillow. Then dropped my arms to the side and bent them at the elbows with weight.
                          Then I moved my arms in different patterns for about 10 minutes. The music made it better- keeping rhythm.
                          15 minutes- it's a start!
                          BN- how do you use the bands?
                          Rich

Comment

Hey Rich, thats an overhead tricep press.

Anywho, so-so chest workout saturday, my form was off and with all the holiday stuff going on I had problems concentrating. PLus I'm back on a foley and that always makes me self -concious.

Yesterday was cardio and abs, tonight legs. Even not being able to do squats i'm getting some good size on them again by doing incline seated presses and hacks. so long as my back stays supported by the bench I'm good.

I've a friend in Tulsa who thinks i'd be good at wheelchair bodybuilding. He's trained several in the area and wants me to look into that.

Happy Monday

Brock

Comment

Last few weeks i was very lazy,going on holiday tom so will swim everyday,hopefully put off some weight.Will let you know when im back.Enjoy

Comment

have the girls this week cuz there on winter break and I'm on vacation so just going toe stretch at home. Last week I did 205 on incline and did max of 40 pound dumbbell curls. getting close to doing what I did before the injury. Just have to work on more cardio getting a gut. Any ideas to get rid of gut I cant work out outside these says I live In Huntley, IL so we have at least 6 inches of snow a week these days. Tring to get some sort of`arm bike but need a cost effective one. Xmas is hurting without the sidework money I used to bring home before injury.
                                What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X