What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arndog View Post
    Steve - welcome back. I thought of you on the Grand a lot these 2 weeks. Weather good? Are you going to describe it on your blog?
    Man - too much to describe! i thought about you as well, you would be BOMBER, i have one leg as good as each of yours! we had snow at the put-in & rain at the take out & but sun all inbetween. not much sun during some days due to the low sun angle in the abyss and you are wet allot but i kept the feet pretty good & not too purple. woolies + NRS waterproof booties + an AFO with MTN bike tire glued to the bottom....... i put a link to pics in the "travel" thread. you aughta be paddling the Truckee........i bet you are happy as hell to see some snow, huh? you gonna take on last yrs record?
    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

• 30 min on Saratoga cycle. 1 hr. uppertone shoulder and lat routine.
      "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

• Killed me on bench, para-step tons of sit ups
        And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

• Legs yesterday, squats, machine hacks, extensions, ham curls. Not too much hip or knee pain but tonight is our first freeze so that could change.

Tonight is Shoulders and Bi's.

B

Comment

• 1hr. on the Vitaglide
            "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

• I've been sidelined for the past 4 days. I had elective throat surgery, a uvulectomy, for snoring and apnea. Basically, they numb up your soft palate and cut your uvula off. Ouch. Every swallow feels like swallowing broken glass.
              I am getting in some stretching but that is it.

So I look forward to reading y'alls work outs .........

Comment

• Ouch Jon that sounds unpleasant .. but I'm sure you will be out tearing up the trails again soon. Nice pics you guys, and good work

Went for a training hike yesterday .. usual 9.8 miles / 2400' on a local trail, gym climbing on Tuesday night, mountain bike on Monday (17 miles / 1000').

Sunday got out to Pinnacles National Monument for some rock climbing .. well, depends on whether or not you consider hardened mud (aka volcanic breccia) "rock"

Me leading Rat Race (5.7)

Partner following Portent (5.6)

Sounds like more snow on the way in the high country .. getting ready to dust off the slowshoes.

Comment

• Rhyang - sweet 5.7 corner. I never climbed in Pinnacles. The face looks really rich in features with conglomerate stones sticking out. Are the face features pretty solid?
                  Oh, I just bought a slowshoe system that I think will work well for me. Kathoola flight decks with a neoprene cover that goes over a running shoe and then has a click in binding for the snow shoe. That way on firm pack, you 'click' out of the snow shoe and your left with this warm neoprene cover with aggressive cleats and crampons on the sole.
                  Hey, you and I are meeting up at Donner Summit this winter and slow shoe up Castle or anything for that matter. I am stating this publicly and will hold you and myself to it. We'll do a post titled Para meets Quad for snowshoeing in the high Sierra.

Well , I did get upstairs after all and did a 30 min elliptical and 20 min recumbent bike workout today.
                  Breathing hard after this surgery makes the throat burn. But good for my spirit and sanity.

Comment

• 30 min on Saratoga cycle with sprints every 5 min. 1 hr. uppertone biceps and chest routine. Arndog that surgery sounds painful! Here's to a speedy recovery.

The Dude

Comment

• I got my Vitaglide last night that I purchased from a board member......Took me 2 hours to unpack and put it together. Pretty difficult doing by yourself, even if you were able bodied due to the daggone awkward pieces and the weight of them. Anyways, I got it together and I was whooped, but I did it for a couple minutes.

Then this morning before I left for work at 4:30am, I did it for 5 minutes. I can definitely feel the burn and feel HOW OUT OF SHAPE I AM!!! I was winded after 5 minutes! I'll do it more tonight and gradually work my way up to have more endurance!! So far, I love the Vitaglide!
                      Larry
                      ------
                      Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

• awesome larry.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com
                        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

• Monster back session. Rack pulls maxing out at 405 for reps, dumbbell pullovers to stretch the serratus , maxed at 60 lbs. Then cable pulldowns and seated cable rows, ending with standing shrugs, maxing at 450.

Biggest problem is getting Mike to stop sandbagging himself, so I started setting weights without letting him see it.

B

Comment

• Go, Larry, go!
                            get lean and mean!

B

Comment

• Nice work you guys !

Jon, the popular routes on the east side seem pretty solid -- I guess the loose junk got knocked off them long ago I've been told the west side is more scary and, ah, "adventurous" climbing, heh heh. The rock is quite knobby in places, and a lot of folks do their first trad climbs there (including myself).

Yes, we should definitely go snowshoeing this winter sometime. The kahtoola system sounds cool -- I look forward to eating your dust

Comment

• Larry Wolfman
                                That is great that you got the vitaglide . 5 minutes is good. I really enjoy your food posts BUT , you have admitted you are carrying around too much weight and some of your joints are beginning to hurt.
                                What do you say about a commitment right here to do the vitaglide daily and try to drop weight with our cyber encouragement and help? I'll help. There may be 300 people cheering you on. This thread has over 50,000 views so it helps me be honest and not slack (although my problem is usually overdoing it).. You already got me, fuente, and cave cheering for you.....
                                How many people to you cook for? Can you continue to cook but not eat as much? It will be hard to loose weight because you use lots of sauces. But step one is to really build up to 30 mins on the vita every day.
                                Are you in, brother?

Comment

Working...
                                X