No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 minutes warm up on Saratoga cycle and 1hr+ with uppertone. 45 min on Vitaglide.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

• 25 min on Saratoga Cycle 1hr. with uppertone. Its getting lonely here.
      "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

• Hi Sean - glad your posting, don't feel lonely - lots of people are reading this and the posts come in waves.
        Yesterday I handcycled Ebbets Pass. Out of Markleeville , california. Gorgeous, aspen trees are on fire (figuratively).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Post View Post
          Its getting lonely here.
          been working as much as i can after my 4-day kayaking trip - sore, too! going up to see the colors on Tues. on the one-off.
          Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

• Thanks Arndog! Great video. You're right the trees are awesome. Living in south Texas we have two seasons. Winter and Summer. There is rarely any transition. Except this year we are actually having fall weather. I pulled my bike out and cleaned it yesterday. I think I'll take a ride this afternoon. I did 30min on the Saratoga cycle and 1 hr. with uppertone.

The Dude

Comment

• Hey, Steve.
              Today, I crutch hiked 10 miles to Marlette Lake near Lake Tahoe. Ran into 3 folks from Flagstaff. I asked them if by any chance they knew you. They did. You made a bike frame for one of their girlfriends. He was a forest service guy and I didn't get their names. But told them if they see you to say hi from a guy on crutches with a big white dog.
              Go Sean. Is LaVernia near Big Bend nat'l park? Also, why do you like the quote Mundus vult decipi?

Comment

• Originally posted by arndog View Post
                Hey, Steve.
                Today, I crutch hiked 10 miles to Marlette Lake near Lake Tahoe. Ran into 3 folks from Flagstaff. I asked them if by any chance they knew you. They did. You made a bike frame for one of their girlfriends.
                yes, i am quite the framebuilding personality in the bicycle world + everyone in Flag knows me. i'm sure i'll hear about you - i wonder who it was? i'm closing in on 200 custom frames so sometimes i'll see one i forgot making! good job on so much hiking Arndog. trying to tie things down here before i row the canyon.........

Comment

• Hey Arndog I'm about 6 hrs from Big Bend. I've spent some time out there and have friends from Alpine. 30 minutes on bike 1.5 hr on weights.

I picked up "Mundus vult decipi" (the world wants to be deceived )from a dedication of a book and as a counselor I see how people construct their own realities rather than relying on concrete information. I don't take it too serious because we all construct our own realities based on our perceptions. I do not perceive todays events the same way my neighbor perceives them. Based on this idea most people ( my opinion only ) prefer to accept a version of reality that is easier to swallow than a harsher concrete rational reality. This a huge generalization and I tend to use this tongue in cheek. Sorry for dropping the cognitive psych bomb. Think Bob Marley "every little thing is going to be alright."

It is only about perception and I don't think it a negative. I would rather retire to Provence, bike every morning, drink wine in the evenings at small cafes with happy locals and beleive everywhere in the world is just as pleasant, but......
                  Last edited by Sean Post; 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM.

The Dude

Comment

• After a rest day yesterday, I crutch walked 4 hours (9 miles)with Jasper through aspens, new snow, blue sky. This was as much exercise for my soul as for my arms and legs.

Comment

• 3+ hours of singletrack on the one-off. had a near disaster breakdown but got it going. it gives a whole new meaning when you can't walk out, huh? cold & windy but the aspens were going off & winding down. it spit a few sleet-y bits.

Comment

• 30 min warmup on Saratoga cycle 1hr. uppertone 40 min on vitaglide. I am ready for the weekend!

The Dude

Comment

• 30 min warmup on Saratoga cycle 1hr. uppertone

The Dude

Comment

• 30 min warmup on Saratoga cycle 1hr. uppertone

The Dude

Comment

• 30 min warmup on Saratoga cycle 1hr. uppertone 45 min on vitaglide

The Dude

Comment

• First training session in a racing wheelchair! Two times up and down the street, during which I did not fall over backwards onto my (helmeted) head, and then 45 minutes on rollers.

This is looking like fun. Too bad it's going to snow tomorrow.

I might actually be able to do a triathlon by next spring!

Comment

Working...
                                X