What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job gypsy lady, go brock.
    Imight - yup - definately sore and cooked the next day. I found that the best summer schedule for me is to alternate a long crutch walk one day, then a handcycle ride and then a rest day. That way each muscle group gets 48 hrs to recover. I don't always seem to stick to this but that would be a great way to get fitter and stay injury free....
    Rest days are the hardest for me, I just don't like to rest although I know I need to .
    How are you doing, how is your walking coming along?

Comment

• 3hrs of riding singletrack on the one-off. a nice smooth trail so i pushed hard - also rode with my friend who had a unicycle - good match as per speed!
      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

• I am so impressed with the posts here. I only dream about working out this much or being so active.

I currently belong to a gym and go every day possible. I work on a seated eliptical and then work my arm muscles with light weights. I love going and can feel it helping me improve. It is only a little bit at a time, but I'll take it!

Comment

• October is get back into shape after healing butt month. I rode 10+ miles today on my handbike as I stared up at the snow. Can't wait to ski!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF1GbhihN6s

Comment

• I went handcycling for the first time and I love it!! I used to be an avid mountain biker before sci and this is a way to sort of get back into it. I'm in France for a year and I met a guy here who has 3 handcycles and he took me on my first ride. I was 16km or10 miles and we went to Italy. I wish I had my camera. Where can I buy a used one?
            Never Give Up!

Comment

• The guy I met, Joe, also took me to the gym where he workouts and I met the owner and showed him what I can do. I can kick my right leg but not my left. Everyday for a 2 weeks I came in and he gave a new sheet of exercises for one muscle group. Its been 2 months now and I am in the best shape of my life. I have a 6-pack! I thought I could never get one, like I had one of those body types. The kinesologists in Canada would give me 2 maybe 3 exercises tops and the owner, Olivier, gave me 15! And its like that for most of the muscle groups. If anyone would like to see them please free to email me at notlchef@hotmail.com. I am not doing this money I just want to help others. Metting Joe getting to this gym and meeting Olivier was fate. I am now walking using only one brace for my left leg and walking with my right. Oh I forgot to mention that he has parallel bars. Gymnasts parallel bars to boot!
              Never Give Up!

Comment

• today I managed to put a load of laundry in the top loading washer - the real trick will be transferring it to the dryer, but I'm determined! I want to be a real mom!

Comment

• Switched to a split routine last week so i can maximize my cardio length. Lifting in the morning and vita/cardio every night. Averaging 1hr cardio and about 1hr an 15 min lifting. I love it. My shoulders are getting much more vascular hammering on the vita. Going to start a bulk cycle mid novembr.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

• Nice work Coleen, AbeChef, and Pat, and Fuente. Pat - Reno, NV (my home) got snow last weekend too. I need to see what a vitaglide looks like. I am really interested in "cranking" machine that will hit clubs this year - made by the same people who made "spinning" popular in gyms. It is basically a well made arm ergometer and it is marketed to able bodied people. I really hope it takes off. ABs don't know what they are missing by not using an arm ergometer for safe upper body working out with aerobics added.
                    I rode my handcycle this am for 2 hours with another rider much stronger than I . It was 35 degrees F when we started. I had neoprene gloves but we still froze our hands. So we went to a big climb in Reno where our speeds dropped down to 4 mph to minimize the wind chill and climbed for the first hour till the temp warmed up. I need a better system for keeping the hands warm. Maybe some type of overmitt.

Comment

• Took the kids and a neighbor out last night to ride to the bmx park. Had a good ride then 3 out of four of us got flats! Goatheads! There was slime squirting everywhere! Limped home for 3 miles with kids whinning! Priceless!

Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vult4L0b4c

www.gofreewheel.com

Comment

• Still pumping the reps out with the therabands.

Measured my upper arms today and got almost 16 inches, flexed, unpumped and that is with absolutely no tri's. The extra skin left from my tri's disappearing still hasn't tightened up all the way but at least it isn't hanging down much anymore.

Winter is coming much too quickly!
                        C 5/6 Comp.
                        No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Just got back to gym today. Did 20 min hand cycle and about 50 reps on leg presses bout 230 lbs, then ab and backward crunches, then alot of arm building. that's enuf for 1st day back.

Comment

• Thank you Arndog. I should post the routine I was given. It works out every muscle for a particular group. Have you tried a Power Plate before? I tried one here in Menton and it really works. I did 30 minutes and I really felt it in my muscles afterwards. I tried a handcycle for the first time last Saturday I love it!! We rode 16 km or 10 miles and it was great. I'm definitely going to buy one now.

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                            Nice work Coleen, AbeChef, and Pat, and Fuente. Pat - Reno, NV (my home) got snow last weekend too. I need to see what a vitaglide looks like. I am really interested in "cranking" machine that will hit clubs this year - made by the same people who made "spinning" popular in gyms. It is basically a well made arm ergometer and it is marketed to able bodied people. I really hope it takes off. ABs don't know what they are missing by not using an arm ergometer for safe upper body working out with aerobics added.
                            I rode my handcycle this am for 2 hours with another rider much stronger than I . It was 35 degrees F when we started. I had neoprene gloves but we still froze our hands. So we went to a big climb in Reno where our speeds dropped down to 4 mph to minimize the wind chill and climbed for the first hour till the temp warmed up. I need a better system for keeping the hands warm. Maybe some type of overmitt.
                            Never Give Up!

Comment

• I'm still hard at it, back home and training hard on the bike. Also back to the gym and going through a program strengthening core, upper body and mainly single leg stuff.

Someone sent me a link to some adaptive bike gear that might be of interest (I can't vouch for any of it though).

http://hasebikes.com/files/reha-1-09a-d-eng_web_1.pdf

NB Had another look at these and I don't think that I would want to attach my foot to the pedals like this - seems a bit dangerous not being able to get out of the pedals on a two-wheel bike. Probably OK on a three wheeler but I think a rigid AFO is probably better bet.
                              Last edited by live2ride; 10-11-2009, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Ok guys let me introduce myself. I'm Sean, C5 incomplete, live in the San Antonio area. I've been reading this thread long enough without contributing. I work out six days a week alternating between uppertone and vitaglide. Today I spent 55 minutes on the vitaglide switching between levels 1-3. Keep up the good work! I know it motivates me to push harder when I read what others are doing.
                                "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Comment

Working...
                                X