No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LaMemChose. Therabands used heavily tear muscles as just any strength equipment. People can just use them for stretching and such but if you go heavy, every other day is best.
    I wish like heck that I had room for better equipment like a uppertone or equivalent.
    If there was something small maybe I could fit it in.
    Good luck

Dam good job, arndog.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I did my workout on Monday but rugby was cancelled last night and I skipped today cause of finals this week. And I feel like shit cause of it to be honest.
      -------7-23-04----------
      C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
      www.darrentempleton.com
      www.pushtowalknj.org

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
        Wednesday workout
        65 min elliptical trainer avg hr 120bpm
        30 min stationary recumb. bike avg hr 109bpm
        35 min handcycle on mag trainer in garage interval w/o 1 min on/1 min off x 10, 10 min warmup and cool down
        walk up 2 flights of stairs holding on banister.

For those who are unfamiliar with interval training ( I apologize to those who know) , here is what a interval workout looks like. 1 min very hard effort, alternating with 1 min rest. Repeat 10 times with 10 min. warm up and cool down. I can't fully recover in a minute so you see a nice trend upward of heart rates. I am happy with it although next time, I can push it harder....
        It is a great way to get a quality workout in a short amount of time plus it is more interesting than just grinding along listening to the garage freezer hum.
        I had to cut wood for a fire because someone stole my wood. "You know your in the hood when your Bro steals your wood." - I was up at 4:30 took a nap from six to seven . I went to work at 7:20 arrive and worked from 8:00 to 4:30. I arrive home at 5:00 and cut some wood for the fireplace. Working out helps. I started the computer and went to CC because the connection was responding. I like to have a schedule so I can make my everyday jobs disappear.

Comment

nordic skiing today 45 - 60 min
          3 sets of ab crunches on a ball

usually, i swim or cycle for 30 min
          abduction reps with theraband
          one knee down or tall kneeling for gluts (hopefully) and balance
          stretch and cruise around the house holding on to wall and counter-tops when i can
          but damn, this thread makes me feel lazy! = )

Comment

1 hour straight (19-21 miles) on my RECK MOTOmed stationary bike. Level 8
            resistance for those who may know the different levels on them.

No weights today, the trainer cancelled. Probably won't lift until Monday.

I usually lift 3 days a week, but do an hour a day on my bike and few sets of
            pull-ups.

Never a minute of working out without NO-Xplode.

Comment

Come on, cardio people that's the ticket from what I hear. 15 miles on my handcycle again just under 1 hour and weight training (shoulders back and abs) Keep up the good work everyone.

Comment

Come on cardio people. 15 miles on my handcycle just under 1 hour again, weights, shoulders back and abs. Keep up the good work everyone

Comment

We are getting a 'critical mass' of exercisers. Very nice.

Today - Thursday
                  First Ski day of the year !
                  Nordic Ski standing - 45 min avg hr 117 distance, drum roll, 1 mile.
                  Nordic Sitski 25 min avg hr 116
                  Elliptical Trainer - 60 min avg hr 129
                  Here is the Ellipt. T piece:
                  Last edited by arndog; 12-19-2008, 03:21 AM.

Comment

One hour in the pool...stretching, PT routine, and laps.
                    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Good job , Danine, twice in 4 days to the pool.

Comment

Back and Bi's yesterday, cardio & abs tonight.

rotate my primary back training, rack pulls one week, off the floor deads (my doc screams over this) next and stiff-leggeds the third. followed by lat pulldown, a row of some sort, and shrugs, then hit biceps

Comment

yesterday cardio on my saratoga-45 min. today shoulders and back........i use an uppertone 4 all upper body work...oh and 1hr of standing everyday.

my training routine is i lift m/w/f cardio m/t/w/t/f...... i try to never hiot the same muscles 2 days in a row.

supplements currently[doubled while on cycle]= bsn syntha 6 3x day
                          casein b4 bed
                          animal pack 1x day
                          inj 1cc of bcomplex 3x week

what supps r u guys running
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Good job , Danine, twice in 4 days to the pool.
                            Your keeping count...yikes...I'm not sure I can handle the pressure!!! LOL
                            "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

10 min elliptical - in harness - all my power
                              30 min strength training - natualis machines - legs and trunk
                              10 min cross country ski machine - in harness - motorized
                              15 min strength training - left arm/right shoulder - standing so sometimes it's as much of a core workout as an arm workout
                              10 min recumbant stationary bike - 5 min forward/5 min backward
                              1 hr agility practice with my dog
                              20 min Estim right arm
                              C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

We are getting a 'critical mass' of exercisers. Very nice.

Today - Thursday
                                First Ski day of the year !
                                Nordic Ski standing - 45 min avg hr 117 distance, drum roll, 1 mile.
                                Nordic Sitski 25 min avg hr 116
                                Elliptical Trainer - 60 min avg hr 129
                                Here is the Ellipt. T piece:

is your nordic skiing outside or on a machine? I would love to ski outside but I am not quite there yet. if my right leg gets to far behind me I get stuck and my balance is still pretty sketchy. I am hopeful for next winter. We got so much snow today it would have been helpful to be able to ski to work!
                                C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Working...
                                X