No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 mins cardio on a saratoga stationary bike daily..
    1.5hrs of weights daily alternating different muscle groups on different days...(except for biceps and chest,they can take a hit everyday)
    And Rugby on wednesdays and sunday..sometimes saturday night!

Comment

watch training bi's everyday shaun, very small muscle, u should not hit it more than 3x week.....
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        watch training bi's everyday shaun, very small muscle
        Yours maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
          Yours maybe
          im serious. the big boys only hit them 1x maybe 2x week
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

just got in...

stretched, 6 block walk, 3 sets of 25 squats and calf raises for my ankles.

bout to shower and hit another mall. got work in the early am on cs4.

Comment

Good job ! This is the kind of thread I like

Comment

well I had to dismantle the gym today due to the weather I brought my bike back in the house but the bowflex is still out in the play room. (cost too much to heat)
                I did do my stretches
                3 miles on the recumbent
                25 push ups
                leg lifts with 5 lbs weights
                25 squats

Comment

3 hours total
                  Therabands heavy and extra heavy
                  17 exercises- 3 sets of 15
                  300 modified crunches
                  I have no room for exercise equipment, small cabin.
                  Last edited by forestranger52; 12-16-2008, 07:41 PM.
                  C 5/6 Comp.
                  No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

whoa, forestrange, 3 hours - yaah. That must be you in the avatar

here is my 4th day in a row posting.....
                    30 min recumb,stationary bike
                    30 wide grip pull ups in sets of 5 alternating with squats - I am so weak in the legs I don't need any extra weight , just body weight
                    supermans, stretching hamstring, and hip rotators.

Oh, I need to post that I snowblowed my driveway - 30 minutes yesterday.

Comment

I can't understand why this thread is giving me bad conscience every day
                      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Way to rock n' roll workout fiends.

45 minutes chair dancing
                        30 minutes standing

Yowser ForestRanger on 3 hours of Theraband work. WTG!

Oh, and soon to be Dr. Danine. Glad you found your way to the pool again. Yay!!!

Question on the Therabands. Are the Tbands okay to use each day? I alternate weights, but I'd like to use the bands each day. Yay or nay?

Comment

Yesterday, shoulders- Militaries, front, lateral, bentover raises, seated dip machine. In a bout an hour, cardio and abs. Thursday back work and Bi's

Comment

yesterday:
                            10 min stair climber in harness - motorized
                            30 min strength training - lower body and core (nautalis machines)
                            10 min rowing machine - all me
                            15 min strength training - left arm and a bit of right shoulder when it felt like joining in
                            10 min arm bike - 5 min forward/5 min backward
                            45 min flyball practice with my dogs - more work than all the rest combined!
                            20 min Estim on right arm

I have been working out every 3 days and found that to work best for me. I work out hard the day of my workout and usually late afternoon/early evening. what I find is that the day after my workout my spasticity is gone but my legs are too weak to walk and my neuro pain is a bit worse BUT the following 2 days my spasticity is perfect for walking without bothering me the rest of the time and my neuro pain is almost gone and I feel terrific. so 2 out of 3 days my body is cooperative.
                            when I was working out every 2nd day I never got to the "good" days.

PS - I had cheesecake and eggnog for breakfast this morning so maybe I better fit another workout in somewhere! the holidays are so hard on the waistline!
                            C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

alex - that is great - you really are creative and go after the muscles that want to cooperate in a lot of ways. I can relate to increase in NP pain from working out, TMAZ had a thread about that recently called Exercise--Pain , I think.

Comment

Wednesday workout
                                65 min elliptical trainer avg hr 120bpm
                                30 min stationary recumb. bike avg hr 109bpm
                                35 min handcycle on mag trainer in garage interval w/o 1 min on/1 min off x 10, 10 min warmup and cool down
                                walk up 2 flights of stairs holding on banister.

For those who are unfamiliar with interval training ( I apologize to those who know) , here is what a interval workout looks like. 1 min very hard effort, alternating with 1 min rest. Repeat 10 times with 10 min. warm up and cool down. I can't fully recover in a minute so you see a nice trend upward of heart rates. I am happy with it although next time, I can push it harder....
                                It is a great way to get a quality workout in a short amount of time plus it is more interesting than just grinding along listening to the garage freezer hum.

Comment

Working...
                                X