No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MON: legs, light Squats for reps and stretching, leg presses, hacks for size, then extensions, ham curls, adductors and calves.

TO DAMN hot here! 105 yesterday, office never got cooler that 85! I cant gain size in this weather.

B

Comment

Originally posted by cavemuscle View Post
      TO DAMN hot here! 105 yesterday, office never got cooler that 85! I cant gain size in this weather.

B
      LOL - it wasn't that long ago that you guys were all complaining it was too cold, and I was having a whinge that it was to hot. I've switched most of my training to lunch times as its too hard to get going when its sub zero outside (degree C - so frosty).

Comment

just got back from a 2 hr handcycle ride. Love riding in the cool of the morning - Although the high temp will be 90, the day starts out at 55. Typical high desert.

Comment

Hi I'm 13 months post t4 level. I go to pt 2x a week and workout for about 1 1/2 hours each time.

I usually start out with therabands working the arm muscles, then I move to the table mat do most of my transfer myself from chair to table mat, then my pt does ROM for legs and hips, I then move to long sitting to stretch the back of my legs, I then get on the edge of the table and use push-up blocks and slide up and down the table, then I move to a rugby chair and push for about 30 min or more depending on time.

I am in a power chair full time at home. Looking into getting a manual for part time.

My question is because I'm limiting the amount of food I take in (trying to lose weight) What can I do either before or after pt to make sure first I'm burning the most amount of cals and gaining everything else I need after a workout??

I would def do interested in going 3x a week but that's not possible. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yesterday was forecast for 8C with showers/hail or snow about 1000m. Turned out to be a lovely sunny afternoon with not a breath of wind. Perfect for riding so spent an hour or so just enjoying a ride before cranking it out behind the motor bike (motor pacing drills) sitting on about 92% of max heart rate for around 20 mins. I think I have racked up over 400km the last few days and am absolutely smashed today - in a good sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey5774 View Post
              My question is because I'm limiting the amount of food I take in (trying to lose weight) What can I do either before or after pt to make sure first I'm burning the most amount of cals and gaining everything else I need after a workout??

I would def do interested in going 3x a week but that's not possible. Any suggestions?
              I'm still trying to loose wieght for cycling, but training hard at the same time is tricky. I'm probably burning a lot more calories, but I find you really need to have enough fuel in the tank to do a good workout (so some readily available carbs before - but relevant to your specific energy needs), and then replenish the carbs within about 20 mins of a hard workout. The rest of the time I stick to smallish very low fat meals (like a peice of fish or lean red meat with vegetables or salad). Snacks are things like carrot sticks, maybe small bit of cheese/nuts to stop myself getting to hungry. And I find staying away from breads, normal potatoes and other high GI foods also helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by live2ride View Post
                (so some readily available carbs before - but relevant to your specific energy needs), and then replenish the carbs within about 20 mins of a hard workout.

So have some pasta or multie grain bred before and after working out?? I try and eat salads several times a day

Comment

I often train in the morning - in which case its just a small bowl of cereal/porridge with honey in the winter (I choose muesli or oats with no sugar or additives though). Thats enough to keep me going for a hour or two. Then it might be a small tin of creamed rice for example (or down to the cafe for a skinny coffee + maybe banana bread or even just a banana). I just try and stay away from normal bread entirely as it makes me bloated and doesn't help with bowel issues for me.

It doesn't have to be a lot - just enough to give you the energy to really put in 100% for the workout you do. The theory is that the muscles store glycogen, that gets used up as fuel during the workout, then you have about 20 minutes where carbs will replenish those stores most effectively. Building more muscle mass on the muscles that do work (not necessarily bulking up, but just having toned muscles) burns more calories every minute of the day which help maintain/lose weight.

It might seem that I do a lot now, but two years ago I was over 70kg and about 35% bodyfat and struggled to ride 10km, now I am down to about 62kg and 18-20% fat (this is pretty reasonable for a female) and regularly clock up 100km on a ride. But its been a very slow, gradual process - no fad diets just sensible eating. Think it took about 12 months to lose the first 5kg, and then another 12 months to just drop 3kg. Be patient and persistent.
                  Last edited by live2ride; 15 Jul 2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

curled 6 - 12 oz. Dos Equiis'
                    Rick Goldstein
                    GO! Mobility Solutions
                    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

yesterday, a whole day canoeing. sweet!
                      Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

workout

Did bis/tris on the new Bioforce machine I picked up. Not bad so far. Picking up some select tech dumbels from Bowflex for 200 bucks. I didn't ask what truck they fell off of or nothing.
                        What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

If anyone is interested here is a copy of the powerlifting program I have undertaken ( I am Steven on the list ) ,mostly amputees but a couple of paras on the list. All weights in kilograms.

Comment

3'20'' handcycle ride with another local para. Did 38 miles, average 10.4 ish mph. Here's to handcycling and endorphins !

Comment

Huskerboy

Hey Yall

20min on spin cycle
                              Worked w/ total gym
                              Finished off with crunches

After all that I took my daughter to get WII fit. They dont make those in a para friendly version.

Comment

Today I was standing and streching my muscles puttin my fists down to the ground
                                Then I went to my Hydro gymn leg Flexator and did 100 leg pulls working my theigh muscles and abdomen pretty hard

Sincerely;
                                Gypsylady

Comment

Working...
                                X