No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new AFO for cycling is going well - covered almost 400km in training last week with no problems. This week has been a bit of a taper for a 3 day tour this weekend. I also finally went along to the quack about a persistent head cold (over 6 weeks now) - nice case of sinusitis and middle ear infection. AFter 3 days on antibiotics feeling 100% better (funny that!).

So I have a 16km time trial this afternoon, 38km (hilly) road race tomorrow morning, 40 minute criterium tomorrow afternoon and then a nice little 72km (even hillier) road race on Sunday. The race is part of the national road series - although they do run a 'B' grade category. Even then I suspect I'll be bringing up the rear for the most part.

Sunday afternoon they are holding an AWD (athletes with a disability) time trial as a demonstration and inviting anyone with any sort of disability that can ride a bike along. Would like to support it, but not sure if I'll have the legs (no pun intended!!).

Comment

~12 miles of rolling hills on the handcycle.

Incidentally, how do you estimate how many calories you are burning?

Comment

I had a rigorous workout with RESISTANCE BANDs. I try to drive my van everyday. This is a good workout for me,
        in the evening i have my aides do leg streches and range of motion

thanks

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Them Bones View Post
          Incidentally, how do you estimate how many calories you are burning?
          Not sure on a handcycle - but do you use a HR monitor. There should be a way of converting time in different HR zones to calories?

Comment

I don't know how to estimate calorie expenditure while handcycling. Maybe 700 calories per hour if you are working hard? That would be my guess. Lots of variables. Maybe if you could know what your average hr. was for the ride, you could compare it to some other activities where caloric expenditure is known, like running , cycling, etc.
            Today - handcycled 2.5 hours, avg speed 10.7 mph 27 miles. Maybe 2000 ft climbing around Reno. Went again with CC member NVMXSKIER........

Comment

Thurs, Deads off the floor pretty good except for one lift where my right foot came up off the floor and I was actually holding 355 and balancing on my left foot- wierd.

today, chest and tri's, all machines at a passcode gym in Edmond- all new gear from Paramount in there, working AC, COLD water. It was nice.

Comment

Survived the weekend cycle racing (to recap, that was a time trial, two long hilly road races and a criterium). Worse thing was the bunch size - riding in a group of 70 cyclists at speeds of up to 70+km/hr (downhill) is a bit scary! I didn't have to cope for too long though, as the first decent hill climb soon had me with a small group of tailenders (LOL).

My coach and the local sports academy where I have a scholarship are still talking about getting me into the gym to work on core strength and a little bit of upper body work to help in stabilising over longer rides but still hasn't quite happened yet.

Comment

Saturday: 22 miles on handcycle.

Comment

back from 10 days of paddling & relaxing on the Mississippi - awesome. back to work. gonna bust out the one off on Sun. & go wreck myself.
                    Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

2.5 hr handcycle. Gets the endorphins flowing which really help with pain.

Comment

Monday- Light (ish) legwork. leg extensions, light presses, sissy squats on Smith, ham curls, calf presses.

Tuesday- Arnolds SS with delt raises, pec dec SS with machine shoulder press, Standing camber bar curl, preacher dumbell curl, standing cable curl, cable crunches.

This AM - 30 min cardio, mix of walking and recumbent stationary, leg raises SS with crunches.

Comment

Lifted a birch branch away

Comment

3hrs. on single track on the one-off........
                            Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Crutch walk 2 hours today. Elliptical Trainer 1 hour. Yesterday - 2.5 hr handcycle ride - 27 miles. Ramping it up, nothing really hurts (yet).....
                              Go Steve...... And Leif....

Comment

90 km including 30km race (came 3rd) on Saturday, 100 km flat ride on Sunday, 5 hills reps yesterday (leg fatigue started kicking in about the 3rd rep) and recovery ride for an hour today. Cycling is fine with the new AFO, but walking keeps aggravates the sore on my heel so trying to avoid it as much as possible.

Motor pacing tomorrow behind a motor bike, then 4 days of training camp on the velodrome (track).

Comment

Working...
                                X