No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined a gym last week and have been everyday. I have been doing 45 minutes of cardio and then been working my arms,chest, and shoulders. All in all about a 90 minute workout.

Comment

Feeling good with my new stack and warmed up with way too high a weight, tried to jump from 365 to 435 on heavy rack pulls and ended up choking. From there i did reverse grip pulldown, v-bar narrow grip pull downs and seated rows. finishing up with shrugs and seated neck curls.

Weather is amazing so will go out for a roll tonight before AA. Meet plan is NASA Nationals in October as (hopefully) 220 lb Masters Novice, then go on crash weight gain to 240 , then after the holidays diet down for spring shows , prolly WCBB and NABBA in Masters.

In the meantime MR Oklahoma is this weekend, Texas APF meet running at Europa Super Sports Show where a couple of buds are competing in men's fitness and Bro Jason is shooting for Jr Nationals. ALL that and I have to brush up on my posing skills AND show up at Endeavour games in 3 weeks!

BUSY!

Comment

Originally posted by TMAZ View Post
        I joined a gym last week and have been everyday. I have been doing 45 minutes of cardio and then been working my arms,chest, and shoulders. All in all about a 90 minute workout.
        sounds good, what movements are you doing?

B

Comment

dbl. post.

Comment

I was going full speed down a steep hill street in our Capital a late night the other day, -passed some street tugs in full speed, said hi, missed the block where the hotel I was supposed to be in (this due to the speed the wheelchair gained), got a few bruises as I passed a Taxi, but never mind, the exercise was to pull one back by pushing the chair back uphill where I was going to, man, - not easy to understand street names in full speed in a wheelchair! Biceps/triceps wants a slower chair… and maybe bigger signs more adjusted for speed...
            Last edited by Leif; 29 May 2009, 6:17 PM.

Comment

a beautiful day of paddling our canoe in the sun......... Steve.
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

Saturday was chest, another painfree bench press day WOOHOO! Sunday I worked in the yard, hobbling about using the wheeled trash barrel for support and trimming trees and shrubs

Last night put on some compression shorts and a knee brace , did leg extensions for a warm up and squatted 225 for 4 sets of 5 - WOOHOO again. Close-in hacks, and calves went good, then blew the whole thing away by doing adductors, so sore and hobbling again today.

tonight is light shoulder and bicep

B

Comment

Went to southern california last weekend for a wedding on Sunday. Saturday though I got out climbing with some friends - six pitches on Tahquitz Rock, near Idyllwild -

Even got caught in a brief thunderstorm near the top ! That was an adventure .. fortunately the last pitch was only 5.3.

Monday went up to Big Bear Lake and sport climbed at Holcomb Valley Pinnacles. Led a 5.7 and 5.6 ..

The friend I went with led 5.10b's, which I couldn't really get up cleanly, but it was fun trying anyway Fingers were hurting afterwards ..

Comment

Wanted to go for a roll in the racer yesterday a but raining cats and more cats. I gotta get that cardio in to keep from getting the powerlifters gut from hell.

back work tonight.

Comment

3.5hrs of riding the one-off up rediculously steep trail to just under 10,000 feet on the San Francisco peaks. the last 1/2 didn't even have a trail, just an ancient route covered with high-altitude native grasses & blooming wild iris. i could see the rim of the grand canyon & almost to nevada! very nice........i'll get pics up on my blog. quite the pump. going down was FAST. Steve.

Comment

I did 30 minutes cardio
                        4 sets curls started with 50lbs moved to 75lbs
                        4 sets Chest benchpress- Started with 100lbs and moved to 165lbs
                        4 sets Triceps started with 40lbs and moved to 60lbs

150 crunches.

Comment

Bench and back are taking off, I'm finally getting tight in my XL shirts again!

Last night for new we did a high volume, low resistance workout on machines, then capped it with walkouts in the squat rack. For those not familiar, you load the bar 100 to 150 lbs MORE than your highest squat weight, then walk it out, and simply HOLD it on your back for 10 breaths, then rack it. incredible isometric that hits everything. 4 sets of thos and you are gasping.

then cable crunches for the tummy and done.

B

Comment

Shit at an airport, no biggie

Comment

Working out by clearing a path along the edge of my property. Someone used it as a dump.
                              I strap myself into a power chair and go to work with a metal rake.
                              My first time out on a hand cycle (in about a year) I went 14 miles.
                              I pushed it and was sore.
                              Rich

Comment

four hours on single track in the mountains on the one-off.........burly. i'm tired, but i feel like i'm getting back in shape! Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X