No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I biked for 5 miles. Nothing like a decent sweat to start the day off right.
    "Give me peace of mind and trust, don't forget the rest of us..."

Comment

I ride by FRH-1 handcycle 3-4 times per week and 6 miles per session. I have been injured now for 10 years and only recently got the hand bike within the last 2 months. So you could say this is the first real exercise i have been doing since my accident ( although i am a fairly active person ).

Is this an ideal workout for each week? i have been thinking about ramping it up a bit, but at the same time i don't wanna ruin my shoulders either!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Comment

Riding the handcycle CURED my chronic shoulder ills years ago. I started riding in 2004, at 1 mile the first day and had to rest to get back home. Increased it daily until within the first month, I did a 24 mile ride with bicyclists in SE KY, finishing before almost all of them due to their quitting during the rain. I rode daily-6 to 7 days a week until about 2011, when I started riding only a few days per week due to complications from brain tumors. Depending on the route taken, I had several different ones, I would ride 24 to 54 miles per day. This is in very hilly terrain. I have never been healthier nor felt better in my entire life. Haven't ridden since 2012 but just got back into it after fixing my old XLT-pro up again. I rode a bit over 11 miles yesterday. I ride in the heat of the day to get a cool breeze so I am not sitting around sweating all day. It has been over 100 each day here for a while. I would suggest you ride every day, and increase the mileage each day. You will be doing your body a great favor. I am a T4 complete since Feb 1996. I am also a health nut, eat a plant based diet, free of GMO anything, and do no junk foods. Take care what you put into your body, you only get one.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

I’ve been following adapt to fitness’ workouts on YouTube!

Comment

weather permitting 5 to 8 miles a day on my bike only time not out is rain left at 5 got home late dusk john its got to be tough in oh Justin said really cold this weekend burrrr

Comment

My C6 weekly workout usually consists of a few static handbike sessions (I recently bought a second hand Technogym handbike off eBay), a couple of weight sessions (thank you Active Hands), and wheelchair rugby training twice a week.

Speaking of Active Hands, there's a gym video on their website that shows a fair few workout options. Not sure if it's been posted before but here's the link: https://www.activehands.com/active-h...workout-video/

Comment

I ran 2 miles in the morning along 3 sets of chin-ups and 5 sets of pushups. ..and This weekend I will try to achieve runners high.

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                  weather permitting 5 to 8 miles a day on my bike only time not out is rain left at 5 got home late dusk john its got to be tough in oh Justin said really cold this weekend burrrr
                  went to fishfry last night 3 miles over 3 miles back

today went out rode for 2 hours looks like I may get to ride everyday this week

Comment

here is my bike and a couple of gal I ride with
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                      here is my bike and a couple of gal I ride with
                      Like the gals and the maga cap.

Comment

SHE GREAT FRIENDS ROADE 4 5 MILES OUT FOR A while feel like.... c

Comment

Mine is moving my left leg forward, to the side and backwards 20x each. That's for my hip replacement. No exercises I can do for my spine.

Comment

Little running and walking in the morning. It makes me fresh and keep me active all day.

Comment

Originally posted by andreasscholler View Post
                              Little running and walking in the morning. It makes me fresh and keep me active all day.
                              What is your disability? You know that these forums are primarily for those with spinal cord injury/disease (which for most, does not allow them to walk or run)?

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I am up to about 12 miles a day but I have 2 do it 1 time a lunch and other after 5pm sholders arms are body sore but I wioll I hope get more fit riding my bike

Comment

Working...
                                X