No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I am in a re-run of summer 2015. Once again, I came off my handcycle at speed two weks ago. Again, I broke my right shoulder blade and a load of ribs (three flail segments and a lot of liquid in my lung). Over the last few days I have mamaged to push myself along a few circuits of the hospital corridors which does not sound like much of a workout but it is a start. I have been told to wait until four week before I put full weight on my shoulder but there is sun outside and I have some catching up to do when they release me.

Comment

I've been swimming on my back with a noodle placed at low to mid back. I haven't learned how to swim, in other ways, comfortably. I am T-7 complete. I have large surgery scars on my belly and back. And my belly sticks out. I'm sensitive about not looking good.
      I'm using a few of the machines, including a decent arm bike, at the Y.
      And I'm using dumbells.
      Rich

Comment

Well, last year on the National Bike Challange I ended up getting in 3956 miles will see what this year holds. I ride every day through the winter as long as there is no rain or between the rain showers sometimes. This January was the third coldest since records have been kept and I think I only missed a day or two one of those because it was snowing. Sometimes it was only to take the dog out for a 2 mile run. But got out none the less....

Comment

I try to ave 3 to 6 miles a day on my bike

Comment

My workout will be laughable to you all, but I'm happy I can do it at all. Now in my mid 70's I retired from 12 years of road racing in 1995. After that my big mistake was the wrong answer when someone would ask "Do you exercise now". My answer was always "I get lots of exercise just tooling around in my chair and doing my ADL stuff".
            It all caught up with me as my shoulders gradually weakened and my left shoulder became very painful. As a Polio para in addition to only trace triceps and biceps on my left arm, I was overdoing it and developing bone spurs and arthritis ("overuse syndrome").
            Finally went doctoring and got a good plan for medication and PT and OT at home, four days a week, for 8 weeks. It really jump-started things for me. I now know I must exercise twice daily to prevent pain by building back what muscles are left.

My workout: Now that the therapists have finished, I use yellow, red, and green Therabands and go through about 7 pages of pictures of seated exercises picked out by the therapists for me. I do 30 minutes in the AM and 30 in the PM. I do Range of Motion several times a day. My pain is now about 80% less than it was 8 weeks ago. My motivation is Fear. Fear of regressing to the point that I was at before, when toileting and showering independently were getting near impossible.

My wish is that you young'uns out there keep exercising, and continue as you enter the golden years. It's so much more difficult, but so important. I think my roadracing gave me a great foundation in my overall health, and I'm so grateful I was able to get into it.

Comment

Some Jogging and walking 1000 steps, this is my regular routine.

Comment

3.5 hours upand 45 minutes down
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool!!!

Comment

5 miles on my bike got home just in time storming now

Comment

Made a new toy. Quarter mile best distance so far. Few bugs to workout yet.

Comment

Swam 20 laps.
                        T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by goodgrip View Post
                          Made a new toy. Quarter mile best distance so far. Few bugs to workout yet.
                          Wow. Totally impressed, both for the ingenuity of creating the setup and for slogging out a quarter mile. Good for you!

Comment

I use the 7-minute workout app every day.
                            It's simple and easy to do every day.

Comment

3/week trips to Planet fitness where I lift weights for 90 minutes, with 10% of energy devoted to transferring on and off machines.
                              The other days I exercise on the floor or use the exercise bike. Actually I use the bike every day because I can read scifi novels at the same time.

Comment

After 6 years of no riding, I finally fixed my handcycle and am starting back up again. I moved to the desert near Terlingua, TX. Had my first ride Tuesday of last week of about 4 miles. Yesterday got about 8 miles in. Gonna take a few weeks to get back in shape looks like. But it is a great feeling to finally be riding again!

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Working...
                                X