No announcement yet.

What workout did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mile and a half push on the bike path. Where are all the quad peeps? We need to have more of a presence here
    chair user since 2009 from a neurological disorder

Comment

Duplicate post
      Last edited by Adrian; 4 Apr 2016, 1:59 PM.

Comment

I have been off the bike with pressure sore for a while but that seems sorted and I just need to work on some fitness. I got out for four hours on the One-Off yesterday and the day length is getting longer so hopefully this was just an appetizer for things to come over the summer:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Adrian; 4 Apr 2016, 2:17 PM.

Comment

Nice pictures there, Adrian. Thanks for posting. Sarafino, yes there has been less activity in this thread. Not sure why. Good to hear from you DanF and all that you have been doing. I'm still active. Hit the gym a lot this winter. Have managed to ski 18 days in spite of work, neuro pain and weakness. I pushed the number of runs up to 22 last Friday in spring conditions. Took two quick breaks. 4.5 hours of skiing. For me a record. Loads of neuro pain later in the day. Almost couldn't walk. Very tired on Saturday but managed a little yard work and a short mtn bike ride. Push through the pain and old age, that's my mantra.
          CCS/Walking Quad

Comment

Started going back into my cardio training this week finally! Did 45 minutes thursday and yesterday on my indoor handbike trainer felt pretty good the 2nd time i added some wrist weights to increase difficulty. Next training is probably weight training shoulders/back with bands.
            Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
            Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

Comment

Originally posted by Revis View Post
              , yes there has been less activity in this thread. Not sure why..
              Tired of being the only one posting, and I "see" most of you on FB
              Attached Files
              Steve Garro. www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Comment

After a long winter of indoor rowing and weight lifting, I'm back out in the racing chair and on the handcycle. I have the usual line up of spring races in May - a couple of 5Ks, the Colfax Half Marathon, the Bolder Boulder 10K, and my local sprint triathlon. It's good to see the sun, the flowers, and all the bikers out again.

Comment

Indoor skydiving at iFly. Not much of a workout but it was a lot of fun. They accommodated a C7 quad well and without much fuss.

Comment

Three hours on the One-Off today:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Colfax Half Marathon (Denver) this morning. Six handcyclists and two pushrim racers. Both of us are older women, which I found sort of interesting. I won, mostly on account of the fact that at 56, I'm 23 years younger than my competitor - I totally want to be her when I grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Katja View Post
                        Colfax Half Marathon (Denver) this morning. Six handcyclists and two pushrim racers. Both of us are older women, which I found sort of interesting. I won, mostly on account of the fact that at 56, I'm 23 years younger than my competitor - I totally want to be her when I grow up!

I did the SLC marathon on 4/16 and there were 15 handcyclists, 2 of us being women. My favorite marathon yet! Will definitely do again next yr if health is good. We had so much fun out there we thought we would try a race in UT or CO in Sept or Oct that would coincide with Aspens turning and Elk rut, but no luck. As usual, hard to find one that accommodates HC. And I was surprised at how many in CO are on trails and not paved roads (at that time of yr).

Are you saying that the other woman racing was 79? Wow!. I'm usually the only woman in my races and definitely the oldest at 58. That's simply amazing....

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelandy View Post
                          I did the SLC marathon on 4/16 and there were 15 handcyclists, 2 of us being women. My favorite marathon yet! Will definitely do again next yr if health is good. We had so much fun out there we thought we would try a race in UT or CO in Sept or Oct that would coincide with Aspens turning and Elk rut, but no luck. As usual, hard to find one that accommodates HC. And I was surprised at how many in CO are on trails and not paved roads (at that time of yr).
                          That's a constant problem here in CO - finding races on paved surfaces. A lot of the best 10Ks and sprint triathlons here in Boulder go around the reservoir, which is gravel, so they're automatically out.

I haven't done any of them, but the Estes Park marathon looks like a possibility (roads and bike paths), as do the Rocky Mountain Half and the Fort Collins marathon (point to point, downhill all the way - might be fun in a terrifyingly dangerous sort of way). I'll PM you and we can brainstorm this.

Originally posted by tarheelandy View Post
                          Are you saying that the other woman racing was 79? Wow!. I'm usually the only woman in my races and definitely the oldest at 58. That's simply amazing....
                          Yes, indeedy. I have raced against her several times - she races in an old racing char that's too big for her, with a fabric strap to keep her feet off the pavement (I'm guessing it was originally a kneeler), wearing gardening gloves (!) and jeans. Her time was 2:24. She's incredible.

Comment

A beautiful day for a ride

I had back surgery twelve days ago for "severe lumbar stenosis", aka pinched nerve. The situation was scary because the stenosis was really limiting my walking. It seems that the laminectomy, spinal cord decompression, was a success because the pain of the stenosis is gone. Hopefully, I have dodged the wheelchair one more time. Now, I am working to heal the 5" incision and regain some strength and flexibility. My spastic muscles are very tight in my back now. I got back on my bike six days post-surgery, and I have worked back up to a thirty mile ride so far, today on the path along the Boise river.
                            Attached Files
                            C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Here's a little video I made from the Rosarito to Ensenada fun ride on May 7, 2016. This is a 50 mile ride with nearly 8,000 particpants of all levels.

Rosarito to Ensenada

Comment

Every year People for Bikes does a National bike challengeI do it because it tends to help me ride more. For the most part I am competing against my self but I have to admit that seeing where I stand locally, in my state and nationally with other riders helps motivate. If you keep track of your miles each day you could still manually enter them on Strava.com for the month of May. When June 1st rolls around you would not be able to enter any of your miles for May. The challenge runs May through September so it would still be worth doing even if you do not get to log many miles for may. I am on track to hit 1000 miles for the month of May. I do not plan to keep that up the whole challenge but you never know... I am going to be a little disappointed if I do not get in 1000 next month but I do have other things I have to do aside from cycling so we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X